Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x programmer FCB1010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alosi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Pa4x programmer FCB1010 Reply with quote

Hello, thanks to your advice I programmed my FCB 1010. But I would like that the pedal A controls the Master volume and not only upper 1 as I programmed it. for that I can configure the pedal A in the channel control that I chose in Midi Function? Excuse my English Google Translation. Thank you
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alosi
I haven't used my FCB1010 for a while but I did use the pedals for UPPER part volumes and also at one stage to manually control the rotary "speed".

The best way to figure this out is to use the free PC editor for the FCB1010 - it saves a lot of time and you can save and reload your configurations.

You can get it here: http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Alosi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Pa4x programmer FCB1010 Reply with quote

Hello Pete and thank you for your answer.
I will try to explain more clearly.I linked my FCB to my Pa4x. On the FCB in Multi Function, I set to channel 06 and to the Pa4x in MIDI channel in channel 06 on Control. Now I can program the buttons from 1 to 10 and it works.
For the pedals on the FCB in Midi Chanel I put EXP A on channel 01 and EXP B on channel 02, then I programmed the two pedals on 07 for the volume. On the Pa4x in Midi Chanel I put channel 01 on UPPER1 and channel 02 on UPPER2. Now EXP A controls the volume on UPPER1 and EXP B controls the volume in Upper 2.
But I want to control with EXP at the MASTER VOLUME and not just the volume of 1 track but the volume of all the Pa4x. So which channel must be regulated? In Pa4x, in the submenu of channels in MIDI channel in, I can not find what to choose.
Thank you for an answer.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry - misunderstood.

I do not know of a way to control the master volume using MIDI - that would be a nice feature.

For several years owners have been requesting the MIDI Implementation Manual for these keyboards.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Alosi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Pa4x programmer FCB1010 Reply with quote

Good evening,

Pete thank you for your answer.
That ends my research.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the only current solution to a master volume MIDI control would be a digital mixer with your pedal mapped to send MIDI to adjust the channel fader for the arranger in the mixer...
Alosi

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: FCB1010 Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer, but it's too complicated for me, because I did not understand.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think in Korg Arranger you can use globally midi control all tracks volume together.
They must be control separate.
I'm not saying is not possible using FCB1010, is just not possible directly.
You need some mapping midi channels device with merge midi option.
...and is kinda complicated.
.... but if you want best solution, buy $120 Boss FV-500L Stereo Low Impedance Volume Pedal. Wink
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FV500L--boss-fv-500l-foot-volume-pedal-low-impedance

or even better is Korg XVP20, has 2 x 1/4"TS (stereo inputs) and 2 x 1/4" TS (stereo out) instead TRS . Cool
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XVP20--korg-xvp20-stereo-volume-and-expression-pedal
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Alosi

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Pa4x programmer FCB1010 Reply with quote

Hi Nemix, as I said it's too complicated for me, so I keep my korg EXP2 pedal to control my overall volume. Thank you very much for your explanations of the month of December 2018 and your video that allowed me to program my FCB 1010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: