Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Effects : What effects work well with what sounds ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Effects : What effects work well with what sounds ? Reply with quote

With our Pa700s and Pa1000s we have 1000s of sounds and 100s of effects.

Apart from the obvious reverb, what sounds work well with what effects ?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are asking really depends on the sounds you are trying to Effect (no pun intended).

For the DX EP's that I sent you, you will find that the EFX B is loaded with Reverb in one slot and Chorus in the other slot. I am not using Insert effects with those sounds.

I mostly use Reverb and Chorus in the EFX B slots for all sounds and then an insert effect for any additional processing, For my lead guitar sounds, I use Reverb in slot 1. For slot 2, I use a multi-effect of Delay and Chorus to get both Delay and Chorus in one effect. For the insert effect, I generally use the Hi-Gain distortion with cabinet emulation and the combination of those three give me the EFX I need for my lead guitar sounds.

For jazz guitar, I generally use a tube emulator or something similar and keep the Reverb/Chorus in the EFX B slots.

Again, it really depends on what sound you are trying to effect and the effect you want for that sound.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: