Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.1.0 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I have experienced a problem. I always record "4 keyboard sets" in each style, and sometimes when I change the style, these "4 keyboard sets" change on their own. It is very annoying to always have to program these 4 sounds and also the fact that sometimes I do not remember the sounds I had selected for that style.

ps: this problem comes from pa3x

Last edited by Marco Filipe on Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: STS gets overwritten with other styles STS Reply with quote

KorgPaEnthusiast wrote:
I find many times that my user styles have had their STS overwritten with another styles STS. This is extremely frustrating which I cannot find the cause of. I’m sure others have experienced this issue.

how I understand you. I just exposed this problem too.
Pedro555

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: does not turn on after reboot Reply with quote

Hello, I have the following problem, after a long time working with KORG PA4x, after turning it off, it no longer wants to turn on, if you leave it a little, it turns on, who has encountered such a problem?
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!! Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
When a compressed SET of over 1 GB has been saved in BKP full resources format then
will be never loaded again in Pa4X , loosing all user's work and corrupting internal memory block , causing looping restarting for ever ,
until full reset & format of Pa4X internal motherboard memory and normally Pa4X needs service center for most of end users ...
It seems that OS v3.1 full resources saving , do not support >1GB custom samples resources probably because of max real 1Gb of Ram.

This must be addressed and corrected immediately !!!

Workflow for Korg software engineers

Resources Details
- This test was made with 2 different created BKP files of 1080 Mb & 1090 Mb compressed custom samples resources under OS v3.1 (PKG format)
and under Pa4X International model firmware.
- SETs were created and were working fine after any restarting of Pa4X with no issues until trying to load any of 2 created BKP full resources.
- End Users function "SAVE & LOAD ALL" worked fine in whole or any partial resources loading function.
- Saving in Full Resources format BKP worked fine until finished and created files were valid externally with an average size of 820Mb.

Loading behavior
- When choosing any of BKP files to be loaded (actual sizes over 810Mb) , system verifies files integrity , you are asked to confirm OK and it freezes
there before loading bar at "Please Wait" window for ever.
- For one BKP , I forced restarting Pa4X and for the 2nd BKP , I left Pa4X all night until auto shut down operation worked after some hours.
- In both cases booting restarts in looping state all the time and all over again , being unable to load OS and Pa4X needs official Korg service for
average end users.

Recovery Options
- The only recover option is loading the full factory resources restore pack OS v2 of 5Gb that has full system memory format and restore option ,
in order to clear corrupted loaded resources of BKP files and have a working Pa4X again.

It's obvious that over 1Gb of sampling data of BKP can't be initially loaded in their whole size in max. 1Gb of Ram , so BKP must be
partially loaded or must be created in 2 readable by Ram buffer part files , like factory sound resources distribution !

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

This exactly now happend on my Pa4X Musikant.
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!! Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
When a compressed SET of over 1 GB has been saved in BKP full resources format then
will be never loaded again in Pa4X , loosing all user's work and corrupting internal memory block , causing looping restarting for ever ,
until full reset & format of Pa4X internal motherboard memory and normally Pa4X needs service center for most of end users ...
It seems that OS v3.1 full resources saving , do not support >1GB custom samples resources probably because of max real 1Gb of Ram.

This must be addressed and corrected immediately !!!

Workflow for Korg software engineers

Resources Details
- This test was made with 2 different created BKP files of 1080 Mb & 1090 Mb compressed custom samples resources under OS v3.1 (PKG format)
and under Pa4X International model firmware.
- SETs were created and were working fine after any restarting of Pa4X with no issues until trying to load any of 2 created BKP full resources.
- End Users function "SAVE & LOAD ALL" worked fine in whole or any partial resources loading function.
- Saving in Full Resources format BKP worked fine until finished and created files were valid externally with an average size of 820Mb.

Loading behavior
- When choosing any of BKP files to be loaded (actual sizes over 810Mb) , system verifies files integrity , you are asked to confirm OK and it freezes
there before loading bar at "Please Wait" window for ever.
- For one BKP , I forced restarting Pa4X and for the 2nd BKP , I left Pa4X all night until auto shut down operation worked after some hours.
- In both cases booting restarts in looping state all the time and all over again , being unable to load OS and Pa4X needs official Korg service for
average end users.

Recovery Options
- The only recover option is loading the full factory resources restore pack OS v2 of 5Gb that has full system memory format and restore option ,
in order to clear corrupted loaded resources of BKP files and have a working Pa4X again.

It's obvious that over 1Gb of sampling data of BKP can't be initially loaded in their whole size in max. 1Gb of Ram , so BKP must be
partially loaded or must be created in 2 readable by Ram buffer part files , like factory sound resources distribution !

For any help or assistance due to address this you can contact with me !

PS : Please do not comment in this topic !!! use ordinary posts elsewhere.

Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

This exactly now happend to my Pa4X Musikant.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the bug that crashes pa4x during edit,
an information from a friend might help solve that problem for pa4x under BKP models only.(upd users might give it a try too and let us know)

CAUTION! Following these steps is important :

1) Save your work and reset the instrument to it's factory settings.
2) Replace pa4x' watch battery with a 2032 type battery and NOT 2016 or 2022 that had onboard from factory.
3) Open the instrument and adjust it correctly and highlight the date and time correctly. (for some strange reason it plays a role in this)
4) LOAD your Set normally and finally your instrument will hopefully be bug free.

Just a reminder : it is for Pkg system, not UPd,but it might work too,
so give it a try...

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANY ONE FROM KORG ???

NO ONE!!!

GREAT SUPPORT Smile

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "communication" battle is well and truly dead....

I've given up and now looking at my keyboard future in a different direction...
Cannot afford much right now but am feeling less and less interested in Korg.
You've gotta have good customer service to survive in any business these days. I am NOT suggesting that Korg should announce new gear, but at least communicate.

I am definitely worried about my own PA4X in terms of parts replacement and/or repairs!!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG ignores everyone here!
Korg DOES NOT COMMUNICATE if there is a problem!!
The only thing he knows is: contact your dealer.
Well, he CANNOT address or solve these problems.
Replacing the tool under warranty does not remove software errors.

Since July 8, 2019, OS 3.1.0 has been around for a long time. They forgot Pa4X a long time ago!!!!!!!
BLUD Pa5X was created, which will repair the system for 6 years (not improve, but repair everything that is not working in Pa5X)
Too bad KORG.
They are losing many customers.
Many, including me, hope that KORG will start communicating with the experienced people here at FORA.
DIRK promised speed, cooperation and satisfaction. Well, it's NOT like that yet.
I'm sad, I'm sorry...

greetings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: