Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!! Reply with quote

(Already posted in OS v3.1 bugs with extended reference !)

It seems that OS v3.1 full resources saving , do not support >1GB custom samples resources.
When a compressed SET of over 1 GB has been saved in BKP full resources format then will be never loaded again in Pa4X
loosing all user's work and corrupting internal memory block , causing looping restarting for ever , until
full reset & format of Pa4X internal motherboard memory and normally Pa4X needs service center for most of end users ...
It's obvious that over 1Gb of sampling data of BKP can't be initially loaded in their whole size in max. 1Gb of Ram , so BKP must be partially loaded !

So beware and do not save in BKP format if your SET is over 1GB until this issue will be addressed !!!

Always as first save your work as "SAVE ALL" format in an external media.

- The only recover option is loading the full factory resources restore pack OS v2 of 5Gb that has full system memory format and restore option
in order to clear corrupted loaded resources of BKP files and have a working Pa4X again.

I just wonder why Korg do not hire skilled beta testers before releasing an OS and leaving floating issues in such important functions as saving users work ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard this many times last year ,so i can't keep myself,i have to say it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :

You must check your styles and samples,and bkp files ,they are probably faulty or corrupted,they are not native Pa4x ,this doesn't happen to me bla bla bla

God help us with 3.1

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an irrelevant floating observation ...
This has nothing to do with indeed excellent resources I develop Wink , this is a clear matter of simple maths for skilled programmers ...
More than 1 Gb of solid resources are trying to be loaded at once into 1024Mb maximum internal Ram of Pa4X as buffer memory , so if
some special care like splitting or partially loading this solid file had not been taken place (like in factory resources distribution ), then it was
obvious that this will happen , I guessed it , I've made it happen and just let you know ... crystal clear !

I not biased with anything and nobody , I always reveal the bared truth and I have the required knowledge to distinguish the cause of
every issue that will happens into my Pa4X in software or hardware level.
My third - party experience with other Pa4X is only from customers Pa4X that will come in my laboratory for troubleshooting and all of
them had the same issue , bad custom resources ...

Just for the story and all Pa4X users , pay attention to my resent findings due to avoid bad headaches !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know,you are totally right about this !!!!
my resources are about 300-400mb,but when i tried to load them,it gave me an error while i was loading DK1 bank.

error was something like ''This is not a Pa file'' and showed up in the middle of the procedure,while it was loading.
Of course it didn't load all samples,so i erased them all and started to load
everything one by one .

The error was a AD kit no 15 i think,which i reloaded fine straight from original ADWorld.Pa4xAll.V1.0.SET ,and it loaded ok,but this was like strange to me,never happened before,except some missing or ghost samples.

I don't know if sample's length had to do anything with that error, it just feels that v3.1 is not fine

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reference is strictly for "Full Resources Restore" loading procedure , the common LOAD/SAVE works fine up to 1500Mb.
The "not Pa File" warning mostly has to do with 3 issues.
- File was created in previous Pa series , it was loaded in Pa4X with previous OS 1 without being re-saved and now it's not anymore compatible.
- File has been edited externally and has errors in code for importing.
- File is commercial & protected by encryption and can't be recognized.

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
menara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Anthony for your help. I'm sticking with the os v2.2 since 800 mb of pcm ram are, at the moment, enough for me.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't mind staying at V.2.2 as long as i had those wind intruments's fix that V3 brought....

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
... as i had those wind intruments's fix that V3 brought....

Pa4X has still the same "Rom" samples library V2 and this won't change until its successor, so copy the newly developed Sounds
you like there and will work as in OS 3 Next ! Wink

Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!! Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
It seems that OS v3.1 full resources saving , do not support >1GB custom samples resources.

Antony, may you please check your personal mail?

Best,
Paolo
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo , read full description here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=771617#771617

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the video evidence of saving and loading your samples of > 1Gb size in BKP format.

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At present time and until BKP issue will be fully addressed , when your SET's custom samples size is illustrated in GB
index like in bellow picture , do no save in full resources back-up mode and especially do not load this created BKP ,
else your Pa4X won't boot again until you format & reset the whole internal memory , and your samples resources can't be recovered ...

The safe samples size that BKP will work is up to 1023,9 value when written only in Mb units.
"Save All" saving mode that most of you are using , is working fine up to 1,5 GB though.

EDIT : Issue has been addressed and will be fixed in next OS update !

Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That happened today on my Korg Pa4X Musikant !

My keyboard is not working anymore. How can it be, that Korg has not fixed this heavy bug in the OS ?
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 januar 2023

January 11, 2023 and the problem is NOT solved since 20119 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job KORG.

Great job KORG that the problem with CHORD detection from MIDI file is still not solved!!!!!!!!!!! since the creation of Pa4X this problem was !!!!!! Works in BASS INVERT mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you KORG for the years of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Result - nothing was done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: