Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems Report for Pa1000/Pa700 (no wish-lists)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought this keyboard new, from main dealer in my country few months ago, didnt have much time until now to test it, but there is few problems i saw.....

i will ignore that you cant load anything from older pa series, but i also cant load anything from pa4x if its saved from new updated O.S.

From time to time, start crashing when i try to load from various usb flash disks, i have error screenshots in my phone ( will put them later)

When starting keyboard once in few times it keeps saying device generic error.....

When loading complete set from another pa1000, after few seconds keyboard turn off, and restarts by itself.....

1550 euros payed for unfinished product?

I feel like i bought cheap chinese clone..... Twisted Evil
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bought this keyboard new, from main dealer in my country few months ago, didnt have much time until now to test it, but there is few problems i saw.....
i will ignore that you cant load anything from older pa series, but i also cant load anything from pa4x if its saved from new updated O.S.
From time to time, start crashing when i try to load from various usb flash disks, i have error screenshots in my phone ( will put them later)
When starting keyboard once in few times it keeps saying device generic error.....
When loading complete set from another pa1000, after few seconds keyboard turn off, and restarts by itself.....
1550 euros payed for unfinished product?
I feel like i bought cheap chinese clone.....

I think you got a lemon - take it back for a replacement immediately!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main thing that makes me wonder, is that in few musician groups from my country people report same things as i do.... somehow still think this is maybe software problems thatn hardware, i will still play with this pa1000 because is under warranty.... but i will take it for replacement if this become worse...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but i will take it for replacement if this become worse...

Why not now?
Your list is clearly indicating a faulty keyboard....

You can load data from just about ALL previous Korg arrangers - see pages 914-917 in the PA1000 user manual.
If this doesn't work, it's faulty.

Freezes, reboots, crashes etc mostly relate to 3rd party data.
At least perform a full re-load of the latest OS..

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not read all the pages, so I don't know if there has been a lot of discussion about the 'freezing up', or 'locking up' of the board. This is extremely frustrating, ESPECIALLY because it has happened during a live performance, and the only way to clear it is with Shift/Power, or pull the plug out ! I think it happens when going through a number of functions in rapid succession. I will have to watch to see if it occurs using a third party style.

What is even more frustrating is the fact that KORG USA's reply is "upgrade to OS 1.5" When I purchased my keyboard OS 1.5 was already installed, so now what ?!?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
I have not read all the pages, so I don't know if there has been a lot of discussion about the 'freezing up', or 'locking up' of the board. This is extremely frustrating, ESPECIALLY because it has happened during a live performance, and the only way to clear it is with Shift/Power, or pull the plug out ! I think it happens when going through a number of functions in rapid succession. I will have to watch to see if it occurs using a third party style.

What is even more frustrating is the fact that KORG USA's reply is "upgrade to OS 1.5" When I purchased my keyboard OS 1.5 was already installed, so now what ?!?

I had a Pa1000 for a year and I spent the whole year with testing different ways and doing all suggestion from our members here, I also experienced the freezing up with Factory styles, with empty RAM memory, without any customized style or samples loaded.

I've also contacted the Korg through Paolo, sent him my customized set to examine and testing to see if the problem comes from my set.
I didn't get any reply from them so I decided to get ride of it and no more wasting time. Switched to another Brand. No more Korg Arranger for me.

By my personal experiences after more than 20 years using different korg arrangers, I would say regarding Pa1000 or even Pa700, the problems come from the Korg Factory design, could be Hardware or Software.
It is not about the older Pa series sets that we use generally, as Korg advertises in their website that their arrangers are compatible with the old Pa series sets .

Best of luck!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: Compatibility to Pa1000 Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
Can I transfer styles from my Korg Pa3x into the pa1000
--> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=821573#821573
BR wrote:
.. by my personal experiences after more than 20 years using different korg arrangers, I would say regarding Pa1000 or even Pa700, the problems come from the Korg Factory design, could be Hardware or Software.
It is not about the older Pa series sets that we use generally, as Korg advertises in their website that their arrangers are compatible with the old Pa series sets ....

I think the described problems are because in its manuals KORG published "you can load most data as if they were Pa1000 data". KORG never pointed out that loading data from other Pa models can cause serious errors even, if you previously did not convert these data instead loading such incompatible data (via selection Data by DIRECT)!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: