Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Key Trigger Point
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something definitely isn’t right. When I play my instrument it definitely does not make any sound even when the volume is turned all the way up if I am playing the keyboard as slowly as you demonstrated in your clip there should be no sound.

How long have you had the keyboard and have you ever had the velocity strip under the keys changed?
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again my 4x76 doesn't have this problem. Check the pads on the board under the keys. It's normal for the pads to need a change after a few years. Also if it was software it wouldn't effect every sound exactly the same way because not every sound has the same velocity sensitivity. For more info check the Amp page and Basic OSC Velocity and Key Range Tab in Sound mode. Also if it were software you would be able to connect a midi controller with a similar keybed and produce the same result. The delayed attack sounds like the pad has a brittle bubble or became detached in the corner from the key contact board
wade21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Something definitely isn’t right. When I play my instrument it definitely does not make any sound even when the volume is turned all the way up if I am playing the keyboard as slowly as you demonstrated in your clip there should be no sound.

How long have you had the keyboard and have you ever had the velocity strip under the keys changed?

Hi worth,
Please click Global / Controllers / Hand Page / make Velocity Curve "FIXED" and make 90 its value. After that try to push your key so slow like in my video. You should hear the sound. Maybe I cant make clear my question. I only want to learn "which level you hear the sound?" I showed my level. In new picture I showed with "B"

If you adjust your velocity curve as I told, you can see your sound level. Here the question: Do you hear sound like my level or do you hear sound upper place?

New picture:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=16ao-tTvQkYxjBOz1V700ykSiwyOnC2GF

I bought my keyboard new, four months. Not second hand. So I didnt change anything on it.
wade21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Once again my 4x76 doesn't have this problem.

Thanks for reply,

You mean this is a problem about my trigger point? If you say I get sound upper level than my trigger point so interesting. What should we think? Every Pa4x have different "trigger point"? Please check your keyboard about triggering. I showed in new picture as "B"
Can you hear sound in B level?

New picture:

Regards.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of things to check.

Is the trigger point the same depth on all notes? Or just in one area? The key contact rubbers come in several sections and if one is bad others may be OK).

Is anything pressing on the keybed when you store your keyboard in a case or anywhere else? Constant pressure on the keys may damage the rubber contacts.

Something else you might try is to record a short sequence of you pressing very slowly on the keybed in different areas and then looking in the sequencer at what velocities they are at. You should be able to get very low (5-10) values that slow. If you see a minimum value much higher than that, there's a chance your keyboard either may be damaged a bit, or you need keyboard recalibration.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the problem is only on one key it could be 4 things causing it.
1. The "hammer" of the key is chipped (not likely)
2. The rubber contact pad is slightly disconnected or torn (likely)
3. The spring at the head of the key is partially out (not likely on the 4x)
4. The board contact is scratched or rubbing out (not likely without another cause given how new your keyboard is)

The pad and key can be purchased from Partsisparts and Syntaur btw (about $30 together)
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wade21"][quote="Aripearlmusic"]Once again my 4x76 doesn't have this problem.[/quote]

Thanks for reply,

You mean this is a problem about my trigger point? If you say I get sound upper level than my trigger point so interesting. What should we think? Every Pa4x have different "trigger point"? Please check your keyboard about triggering. I showed in new picture as "B"
Can you hear sound in B level?

New picture:

Regards.[/quote]

Yes I see what you are saying . You are questioning whether the depth you depress the key is the same for everyone before the sound is triggered . The answer is yes . The sound is triggered at about the same depth on my keyboard as yours . That’s how it should be .
wade21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUSTION IS THAT: Is there a problem with my trigger point? Can you compare it with yours and tell me?

Unfortunately, I can't get the answer I want. I am so sorry. I know my English isn't good. Maybe I can't tell you. But I've been confused for the last few messages. All I want to learn: I have problem in my keyboard or not? According to yours...

Dear friends, I only doubt that the trigger point of my keyboard is below. And I wonder if the situation on other keyboards (Pa4x) is the same. Please, please, can you compare the trigger point of your own keyboard and tell me ONLY the result? Simply, as in the following example:

wade21's question: Is the trigger point on your keyboard the same as my keyboard?
X's answer: Yes, my keyboard is triggering from the same point, as in the video
Y's answer: Yes, my keyboard also triggers from below. Like yours.
Z's answer: No, my keyboard is triggering from above. Not same point with your keyboard.

Please just want such simple answers first. My keyboard is new and guaranteed. If the answer is no, I will think there is a problem with my keyboard. And I will call the salesman. I can't physically control my keyboard. I can't open my keyboard. If I open it, the guarantee will be broken.

I would like to thank all the friends who showed interest in the subject.
Regards.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Worth has answered your question - I'll also check mine for you on Friday when I return

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i remember ,it was hard for me to play fast on pa800...it seamed to miss quite many notes while triggering fast,plus the fact that keys were plastic,it wasn't a nice keybed to play with.

On other hand,i love pa4x76' keys,they respond really nice.
I played a Yamaha Grand some months ago and it's keys seamed shorter that pa4x,though they have almost the same length ,due that half of the key is inside the piano and you can't really see them,but it felt like i was playing on a small keyboard for kids.

The only con, that not only pa4x but most of digital instruments have,is that the keyboard's sounds are compressed .
For me, it sounds and feels ok when you play alone on stage,but if you play with one or two guitarists for example,it can give you that feeling you describe,plus it will sound very narrow....otherwise i don't feel it misses attack or velocity you describe.
Maybe it lacks on expression for some guitar sounds,or pedal calibration curves,i can agree on that.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: