Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Yamaha Arrangers PSR SX700 and PSR SX900

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KJandKT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: New Yamaha Arrangers PSR SX700 and PSR SX900 Reply with quote

Here is the Yamaha press release

https://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/2019/yamaha_psr-sx700_psr-sx900_arranger_workstation_keyboards.html

Have a blessed day!
hans1966

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KJandKT, It seems to be a great improvement since the S975. You have to wait for them to be available at a local store to try them and so, you can make conclusions.

I choose the Peace of God!
ingar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: New Yamaha Arrangers PSR SX700 and PSR SX900 Reply with quote

KJandKT wrote:

https://usa.yamaha.com/news_events/2019/yamaha_psr-sx700_psr-sx900_arranger_workstation_keyboards.html

Have a blessed day!

Yes, and here are some videos from Yamaha. On the marked from october.

https://www.youtube.com/user/yamahacorporation/videos
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted about this as well in the PA1000/PA700 section.

I initially saw this on Jeremy See's YouTube channel when it came up in my feed on YT. They look interesting and sound really good, although I think that Korg has better lead guitar sounds.

From what I read in the specs page on Yamaha's website, there are up to 5 insert effects that can be used. If so, then this outclasses the PA1000/PA700 in that regard. One thing that I would like is more insert effects for the different tracks when using sequencer mode. I also have an M50 and a Kross and they both allow for more insert EFX. While the Kross is a bit limited in its utilization and routing, the M50 has the right setup that I wish could be on the PA700.

According to the specs, the PSR-SX700 has a 30-watt sound system. The Korg has it beat with its 50-watt system as far as power goes. Yamaha has the PA700 beat because the Yamaha has a dual speaker system per side vs. the single speaker system per side of the PA700.

I also like that Yamaha decided to go with 5-pin MIDI ports in addition to the USB MIDI. Some of us have legacy gear that still use the 5-pin ports.

One thing I wish that ALL manufacturers would follow Casio on is the addition of rear ports (or even an additional pair of speakers) that are rear-facing. That way, the audience can more easily hear the performance without it sounding muffled. The bass ports on the PA700/PA1000 are great for adding bass response, but you have to up the volume and add more high end frequencies so the top-firing speakers do not sound muffled in a room. I perform with my PA700 daily and I do not want to have to drag a PA system wherever I play...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
AtinDallas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Yamaha Arrangers PSR SX700 and PSR SX900 Reply with quote

KJandKT wrote:

Have a blessed day!

And Korg hasn't released anything since the 4X while Yamaha has released few PSRs and Genos/sx900! Guess I'll wait longer for the next Korg! Don't really like the Genos although it's a great machine!
hans1966

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to the official Yamaha website where it mentions the features and specifications of the SX900. regards

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/index.html

I choose the Peace of God!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very expensive

The SX900 will be same price as (possibly a little more than) the Korg PA4X-61

Sounds nice - hope it has a better keybed feel than the Genos

Will check it out if it ever gets here...

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read from reseach utilizing the Kraft Music website here in the USA:

Yamaha PSR-SX700 - $1,499 USD
Yamaha PSR-SX900 - $2,199 USD

Korg PA4X-61 - $3,899.99 USD

Yamaha has really marketed these SR-SX units to be their middle of the road arrangers.

They are roughly $200 USD more expensive than the Korg offerings in similar price.

Korg PA700 - $1,299 USD
Korg PA1000 - $1,999 USD

The Yamaha offerings have some pretty impressive specs (such as the EFX routing and insert effects (5 on the 700, 8 on the 900)). That can mean a lot for varying one's sounds.

I still think that Korg has them beat.

Maybe this will prompt Korg to add some features in future OS updates to make their products even better than they already are...

I would love to see 5 insert effects in my PA700. I have many other synths in my collection, including the M50 and Kross. I LOVE how Korg set up the EFX in the M50: 5 insert effects, 2 master effects, 1 total affect.

I know that the M50 is a synth and the PA700 is an arranger. In total the PA700 has 3 insert effects when using the sequencer mode. That is not too bad. But to have 5...it would allow for more detailed creation of lead guitar sounds...

One feature that Korg is behind on is the creation of WAV files; all of their PA series currently on offer only allows for MP3. With that said, you can create a 320k MP3...but WAV would be a great addition for lossless audio recording...

The PSR-SX700 does have a dual speaker system and the Korg PA700 has a single speaker system for each side (L/R). The Yamaha 700 might have a bit more clarity as a result.

When the Yamaha units do become available, I may take a look at them...I will NOT give up my PA700 for anything Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
gwc uk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't like all that BLACKNESS.
The Pa700 & 1000 have attractive colour RED and so did the Pa800 BLUE.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwc uk wrote:
I just don't like all that BLACKNESS.
The Pa700 & 1000 have attractive colour RED and so did the Pa800 BLUE.

I guess that I do not mind it too much. It makes for a cleaner stage look, in my opinion. Plus, if we have to cover the branding for whatever reason, it is easier to match that darker color.

I used to have a PA500 as well, and thought that worked pretty well with its color and I have an original Korg Kross with the red bottom portion.....hmmm...

What matters to me is that my setup work well and if I really need to be seen out front on stage, I always have my white Alesis Vortex keytar Smile

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: