Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make L(mono) and 4 output work like stereo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: How to make L(mono) and 4 output work like stereo? Reply with quote

Hi again... Got this new question, I was wondering if this was possible since I bought the kronos. So can you make the L(mono) output and 4 output work like stereo (like as if you were to put the cables into L and R jacks)? I am using some combinations where on the left side I use bass and on the right I use some other sound,so the bass is on L(mono) output and the other sound is on 4. So when I use some like a Kronos grand from the program, it only comes out on L(mono).. I hope you understood my question, i have no idea what I just wrote, I'm in a hurry 😂
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can't do that.
In routing page, you can choose L/R (and get only L signal with pan setting) or individual output, either one by one or by pair (1/2, 3/4).
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to each needed program used in the combi for L output, and set its Amp/EQ options for pan, so that the OSC is panned to sound out on L side only. Be sure to do this for both OSC’s if the program uses both.

Then you can route the other programs used in the combi, to IFX and bis the IFX to output on individual 4. But then you are stuck with the effect over the sound, and that can be turned down with FX send so that you use the FX routing aspect only.

Using IFX, you get the benefit of “Routing” options to Individual outs in mono or in stereo pairs.

Of course you have to do this through an IFX and maybe use an IFX for the routing capabilities and then make a setting to neutralize the effect itself in the FX page, if you do not need the effect itself. Maybe just drop the FX send levels to the bottom setting. You may have other ways in the FX pages to neutralize the sound effect of IFX.

~~~~~~~~Page 135 parameter guide.(program IFX routing)~~~~~~~~~
8–1c: Bus Select (IFX/Indiv.Out Assign)
All OSCs to [L/R, IFX1...12, 1...4, 1/2...3/4, Off]
This specifies the output bus for both oscillators 1 and 2.
L/R: The oscillators will go to the L/R bus. This is the default setting.
IFX1...12: The oscillators will go to the specified IFX bus. 1...4: The oscillators will be routed in mono to the specified
AUDIO OUTPUT (INDIVIDUAL).
1/2...3/4: The oscillators will be routed in stereo, using the Pan setting (4–1c, 4–5: Amp/Driver2), to the specified AUDIO OUTPUT (INDIVIDUAL) pair.
Off: The oscillators will not go to any of the outputs directly. You can use this to route the sound completely through the MFX. Use Send1 (to MFX1) and Send2 (to MFX2) to specify the send levels.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The IFX routings can be set up in Combi mode as well, if you have complications with how they mix in Combi versus independently in Program mode.
Kronos does some strange things when mixing FX routings from various programs into a Combi. So it may be better to do the FX routing selection in Combi mode..
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that if you put only one jack into the Left output, you will get a mono sum of L+R - you will not get just the left side.

Better to use the individual outs if you want to isolate certain sounds.

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Kay wrote:
Better to use the individual outs if you want to isolate certain sounds.

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: