Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwc uk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please Reply with quote

Pa1000. New Pa 3 days. I'm have difficulty coming to terms with factory Acoustic Guitars, can't believe how poor they are, so wanting samples to download & install Please.

Any help appreciated.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please Reply with quote

gwc uk wrote:
I'm have difficulty coming to terms with factory Acoustic Guitars, can't believe how poor they are, so wanting samples to download & install Please.

Samples are not enough to mimic a real guitar , sophisticated sound modeling is required among a lot of samples !
A fair solution is WavesArt Pa4X/Pa1000 Guitars Suite 2 http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries/Guitars%20Suite.html

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
gwc uk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman. Thank you for reply. There's no keyboard yet that can do justice to guitar sounds,
I'm not asking for fantastic guitars just few free samples that sound better than the Pa1000 factory ones provided.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please Reply with quote

gwc uk wrote:
Pa1000. New Pa 3 days. I'm have difficulty coming to terms with factory Acoustic Guitars, can't believe how poor they are, so wanting samples to download & install Please.

Any help appreciated.

I am not sure what you are talking about with the quality of the acoustic and nylon guitars. I have the PA700 and they are fantastic.

With that said, I know that to really get them believable, I need to use the DNC sounds and the strums, fret noise and other things in order to get them sounding very real in a recorded performance.

Even playing them live, I find that they are good. My only issue is that the fret noises, long slides, body taps and other things are in the upper right hand side of the keyboard instead of in a usable area so I can implement them live. Maybe if they moved them to the left of the keyboard, it would be easier to implement them in a live situation (or maybe by using an 88-key keyboard to trigger the PA series via MIDI.

I will say that when using the Concert Guitar live, it adds some fret noises while I play and I can use the DNC buttons for slides and harmonics with pretty good success.

Programming-wise, this is maybe where the PA series does better, particularly because of the Guitar Mode section. Programming something in the sequencer to be more realistic can be more easily achieved.

Maybe this is where Yamaha and its SA2 technology does better for live playing. Since I have never really gotten very deep within the Yamaha offerings, I cannot speak to that.

I am sorry you are having some issues with the guitar sounds...I hope you can find a solution that you will be happy with Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just select one of the guitar sounds as say upper1 sound it's going to be a pretty dry sound as with any sound. A good way yo build up sounds is to work your way through the styles and the 4 keyboard sets the accompany them. These will have had effects applied to them, if you find a sound that you like store it in your user keyboard set library. It's a good way of building a library of sounds. They will sound quite a lot different from the dry sound. You can also go through the songbook entries and do exactly the same.

Once you get familiar with your Pa1000 you can do a bit of reverse engineering and see what effect were applied to get a certain sound.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please Reply with quote

gwc uk wrote:

Any help appreciated.

I don't agree that they sound poor at all (with the right settings), but maybe I have a suggestion.
In the free resources of Daniel Andronescu there are some pretty amazing guitar samples.
The accoustic one I play a lot is Daniel's Rodriguez Guitar.

I think you can find it somewhere here:
https://www.korg.com/au/news/2017/0510/

or here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=720338&sid=5756f73f3f1f980d5edf7a6a51476f60

Or maybe you can ask Daniel, he's here at the forums.

EDIT: I've checked the source, the Rodriguez sample comes from a .set called DanielBonus.set.
I don't remember where it is available anymore, maybe here?: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109825&highlight=daniel+fender

Play in style. Wink
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the actual factory samples to be high quality but the final delivery via the factory presets not to be ideal.
One of the main problems is the overuse of the Staccoto trigger event so that single notes sound fine but holding down more than one note causes the next note to sound very muted.
I have fixed that problem in this set made for the Pa3x (but samples will be the same on the Pa1000/700) by changing oscillator triggers and adjusting other parameters like velocity triggers as some triggered too easily while others were near impossible to hit hard enough to make them sound.
There are eight sounds as follows:
Real Pick Guitar (fixes staccato trigger problem)
Stl Guitar Chorus
Strum Guitar Quiet (a nice pick swipe sound added at a low level)
Strum Guitar Strong (as above but louder)
Nylon Slide Vel (makes slide reachable at high velocity)
Nylon Slide Chorus
Pedal Stl AS1&2 (sounds like a real pedal guitar and Assignable switches add effects)
Shadows Strat

These guitars all use factory samples so they use zero ram.
Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArSTpIos4_QguUw4hbi15Q08g-JRVUgl/view?usp=sharing

Demo of Sounds Here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1feEe0Itn3Lx2hGg1ggSxB4oA2mcrLFG6/view?usp=sharing
Demo of Midi Song recorded on Korg with live playing of Korg Guitar Sound:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wv14glTqrepe5lE0IA0iRjQAtSoms5_K/view?usp=sharing
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reuben,

Truly amazing how you manage to make the samples sound so beautiful!
All 8 of them sound great on my PA4X.
The Nylon Slide Chorus is fabulous, instantly love that one..
And I never heard a better sounding Pedal Stl on my instrument.

Thanks for all your efforts & sharing!
I think Korg should hire you! Cool

Play in style. Wink
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE

The Op who has been a long time Yamaha owner has returned the PA1000 and has obtained a full refund so he can return to the brand he is used to.

Hence I would not expect Graham to return here but on his behalf I will say thank you to all who offered him help and advice.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments Fransman. I'm glad they work fine on the Pa4x as well.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work on the Pa700
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
I have found the actual factory samples to be high quality but the final delivery via the factory presets not to be ideal.
One of the main problems is the overuse of the Staccoto trigger event so that single notes sound fine but holding down more than one note causes the next note to sound very muted.
I have fixed that problem in this set made for the Pa3x (but samples will be the same on the Pa1000/700) by changing oscillator triggers and adjusting other parameters like velocity triggers as some triggered too easily while others were near impossible to hit hard enough to make them sound.
Stl Guitar Chorus
Nylon Slide Chorus
Pedal Stl AS1&2 (sounds like a real pedal guitar and Assignable switches add effects)
Shadows Strat

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArSTpIos4_QguUw4hbi15Q08g-JRVUgl/view?usp=sharing

Demo of Sounds Here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1feEe0Itn3Lx2hGg1ggSxB4oA2mcrLFG6/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wv14glTqrepe5lE0IA0iRjQAtSoms5_K/view?usp=sharing

Reuben,
Thank you for the new sounds. I have modified the Shadows Strat to allow for the slide sounds to be used with the touch of a button (Button #1). I find that to be a bit more realistic in my playing.

I also added some delay (using the Multi-Tap Delay and Chorus - I think that it is the second to last effect on the PA700 effects list) - this adds more depth and movement in the sound to my ears.

I think that I saw 15 oscillators being used in your sound for that one. Nice Smile

I think that the articulation when playing a sound is just as important as the sound itself. I see that many, maybe more from Yamaha users, complain about the sounds on the Korg being more sterile because of the lack of SA when playing them.

With the Korg, at least in my experience, they do not implement the SA that Yamaha has in their sounds quite as well. Every now and then, I notice a fret noise or two when playing an acoustic guitar sound, but they are largely more quiet in this sense than Yamaha is.

Over all, I am very pleased with my PA700 and have customized it to meet my needs and it exceeds all expectations. I was not a Yamaha user before Korg, either. In fact, the arranger I had before the PA700 was a Roland E-09 and the sound of the PA700 is light years ahead. I had a PA500 before as well, but couldn't get my head around it and returned it. I have Korg synths in my studio, so maybe my increased knowledge of Korg synth architecture allowed me to adopt the PA700 better.

I love your sounds and still use the Yamaha C5 piano sample as my main piano sample in my PA700.

I have made a number of custom sounds on the PA700 too, including some DX7-type EP sounds that range from 1 osc to 8 osc. For the FM type fade on the EP sounds, I reproduced it (largely) by using resonance and filter cutoff - I used factory samples as well.

I have also created some pads and modified some pad sounds from the Dopamine sets. When using them in a keyboard set, they really work well.

Well done, sir Smile I appreciate all you have done with your custom sounds Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
NOTE

The Op who has been a long time Yamaha owner has returned the PA1000 and has obtained a full refund so he can return to the brand he is used to.

Hence I would not expect Graham to return here but on his behalf I will say thank you to all who offered him help and advice.

It is too bad that a user has gone away. Could this be a case of instant gratification gone wrong? I have read many of your posts before in another thread about Yamaha users and pretty much agree.

In my opinion, Yamaha seems to do everything for them and all they have to do is play the instrument. In that sense, Yamaha has done a wonderful job because after all, we just want to play Smile

On the other hand, not being able to dig deep and customize one's keyboard for their needs makes Yamaha a bit harder to get around. That is why I like the my PA700 so much. I am able to pretty much do what I want with it and it responds.

I think that sometimes, people have unrealistic expectations about what they are buying. They come to a forum (like ours) and try to get as much info as possible to learn about it and that it a good thing. With that said, I think that users put way too much emphasis on the sounds without actually hearing them and then pick apart samples and try to find fault with them (like we had in another post about Genos samples and stuff).

Maybe I am from a different time, but working with what one has is very important. I have not found too big of a limitation on the PA700 yet except for the piano sounds. Reuben created the Yamaha C5 samples and once I loaded them in and things were great Smile The lack of great piano sounds on the Korg did not cause me to not buy the PA700, because I knew that I could get more sounds for it.

Since everything is up for interpretation, what sounds good to me may not sound the same for someone else....

Grace,
Harry
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
Stl Guitar Chorus
Nylon Slide Chorus
Shadows Strat

Download Link:

Demo of Sounds Here:

Hi Rueben, I downloaded and put your sounds into the PA1000 today. They were very well, and I wanted to thank you for sharing your work. If I get a chance I post a song using them.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 Acoustic & Nylon Guitars required Please Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
.. fair solution is WavesArt Pa4X/Pa1000 Guitars Suite 2 http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries/Guitars%20Suite.html ...

The simplest solution of course is to use professionally programmed sounds - especially if you are using a preset device without programming options (as usual with Yamaha arrangers since decades).

If you use an arranger keyboard with editors for sampling, sound and effects, you can try to deal with the topic and try to use the available tools accordingly.

It is an illusion that you will immediately achieve results from professionals using editors for sounds, sampling and effects. Despite it, parallel to the friendly purchase offers, you should also deal with how you can improve your sounds step by step on your own initiative and adapt them to your needs. In my opinion, there is far too little advice in this forum on how to use the various tools of the Pa-keyboards advantageously. The available manuals are only partially suitable for this and the different names are sometimes difficult to understand, not only for a beginner.

The fact that those who are newcomers from brands of keyboards without sophisticated sound editors already have great difficulties, already begins with the definitions of terms used. But this should not cause to omit sophisticated parameters or functions of Korg arrangers. This might help a newcomer, but the product development becomes to be retrograde and it annoys long-time Korg users (negative example of omitted functions of Pa1000s StylePlayer).
The much-used term "RoundRobin" can be explained as a technique with which a same note is played back with a different sample of the sound after the keystroke. The order of the differently used samples has no priority; it can be done cyclically or randomly. This means that same note of a sound played with the same pitch sounds slightly different.

"Velocity Layer" means that when playing a sound, different samples of same notes of a sound are played depending on the keystroke (velocity).

"Layer" means that when playing a sound, different samples of same sound are used depending on the keyboard range in which a note is played.

Although this generally are known terms (maybe also by newcomers) you hardly find anything here in the forum about how to use editors of samples, sounds, effects, DNC parameters etc. In my opinion, also the Korg webinars only are ideally suited for the basic operation of Pa keyboards, but hardly for the introduction to sound processing - most hints in the manuals of the predecessors (Pa3x - Advanced Edit) are to find.

AntonySharmman wrote:
.. Samples are not enough to mimic a real guitar, sophisticated sound modeling is required among a lot of samples !..

I totally agree with AnthonySharmman and it really is not enough to import a few samples, because that is just the beginning of the necessary sound processing. Therefore, one should not be disappointed if imported sounds do not meet expectations, but should try to use the tools available.

* A wrong step here, too, would be to reduce the variety of functions for newcomers *

Like Reuben and Fransman I think the actual factory samples are of high quality and it would be better trying to understand editors parameters and what you can do with them - and good advice always are welcome!

PS: Sorry about my answer - previous posting is from today but noticed too late that OP is already two years old

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: