Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Basics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Help Basics Reply with quote

My dealer (pa4x 76) put me some Songbook entries on a USB stick. To use I press Shift/Media/Browse/USBF/Select. Some great stuff there, Songbook.

Question. Can I get a couple of my favourites from above mentioned (Pa4x Songbook USB) and put them on my PA1000. Not talking about all of them, just a few. As a “test” one would be good.

So, will it work, could I do any damage ? Hope I have explained ok.

Cheers

Dylan
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello its me, is anyone there ?? I see there are hundreds of members on this site but not one reply to my post. Replies today on other posts so why not mine ?? Does anyone else here suffer this problem ?

Such a simple post I submitted. Please have the courtesy to explain why, is it boring or is it something that I have said ?? Something you don’t know the answer to ? Why not one reply ?

Thanks

Dylan
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way is to use Songbook Editor.

Open the Songbook .SET file in Songbook Editor then open another blank Version of Songbook Editor and copy and paste the songs you want then save it to your USB stick in the Direct folder and load it from there on your PA.

If you do not use Songbook Editor it is a free download from the Korg website and there is a video tutorial on using it on the Korg Youtube Channel
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Biggles for reply, appreciated.

Its time I got into Songbook Editor. If I remember is there a different edition for Pa4x and Pa1000 ? If there is would it be more complicated to get a few Pa4x songbook entries onto Pa1000 ?

Also Biggles how does Songbook Editor manage songs that are internal , differently from songs on a USB stick, does it do both ?

Will look at manual and try to learn but any help from you would be good.

Thanks Biggles.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
Thanks Biggles for reply, appreciated.

Its time I got into Songbook Editor. If I remember is there a different edition for Pa4x and Pa1000 ? If there is would it be more complicated to get a few Pa4x songbook entries onto Pa1000 ?

Also Biggles how does Songbook Editor manage songs that are internal , differently from songs on a USB stick, does it do both ?

Will look at manual and try to learn but any help from you would be good.

Thanks Biggles.

Songbook is a one size fits all, simply select the correct PA from the menu.

It took Korg about two years after the 1000 and 700 were released before they updated SE so that it would work on both keyboards

Additionally you will find the Osimo Songbook available free via korgworld dot co dot uk very good, its the Korg UK website that they have specifically for PA owners.

The official Korg tutorial video does go into the detail you will need and it is 10x better than trying to figure it out via the manual. The tutorial is a few years old but still applicable

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: