Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Synth release event
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Synth release event Reply with quote

I got this email this morning:

'Hello from Yamaha,

On September 22-23, the Yamaha Synth team will be broadcasting from Yamaha HQ in Hamamatsu Japan. The broadcast will feature new product updates, announcements, artist performances, demos, interviews and a tour of "Innovation Road" – a living history of all Yamaha products.

The broadcast will begin on September 22 at 1 p.m. CEST (11:00 UTC) for European viewers; the second block will begin September 22 at 1 p.m. PDT (20:00 UTC) for North and South American audiences and then finally the third at 1 p.m. JST (04:00 UTC) on September 23 for viewers on and around the Pacific coast of Asia. The first two blocks will largely be in English while the final one will largely be in Japanese.

Tune-in at facebook.com/yamahasynths.

Sincerely,
Ben Israel
R&D Planning Manager
Yamaha
'

I don't think you plan such an event for updates only.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New analogue synth with eight 3-cylinder motorcycle engines as the oscillators, each with a variable width exhaust for tone (the filter section), a muffler with a multistage-baffle (attenuation stage) and a handle-bar interface using throttle+clutch for fully manual envelope control, gearing for pitch setting. And a spring reverb. Wink

But seriously, this is good news. My cousin informed me he is selling his CS-10 today and it reminded me of what a truly wonderful history of synth production Yamaha has. Let us hope they will not be announcing a line of remakes again, but a completely new line of hybrids to usher in a new era of Yamaha synthesiser goodness! And a drum machine or two wouldn't go astray either. I still miss my RY-30 way more than my R-70.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
KJandKT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - for example they are rumored to be making a CS80 remake. Instead of just a remake...they could add functionality like an Arturia matrix brute style modulation matrix section, additional sounds that could be morphed with the analog section of the board, big screen and or some oleds and an iPad app/editor.

I would love if manufacturers went down the route of extending functionality on remakes...making them a modern hybridized version.

Blessings!
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a remake would be a waste of time and effort, none of the big three can compete with the price/quality ratio Behringer offers.
Yamaha had a lot of great different products and concepts in the past, and it would be great to see them using some of these concepts and products to produce something new.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or theyx just show their management's vacation photos and a film with their synth history...
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Or theyx just show their management's vacation photos and a film with their synth history...

Very Happy
They beter stay away from Gearslutz for a while of they do.
KJandKT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

Very Happy
They beter stay away from Gearslutz for a while of they do.

Ha ha...that’s true. Things can get ruthless over there...just look at the new Roland products! New products produce a feeding frenzy of interesting and often honestly and unfortunately rude comments...blessings!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:

with 45 years of yAMAHA SYNTHS BEING THE CENTRAL THEME
This is most likely going to be the major theme of this event.
slug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly get excited by the cross plane crankshafts that Yamaha are using in some of their 4 cylinder bikes.

That said I ride a Kawasaki, and they dont make synths...
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
I certainly get excited by the cross plane crankshafts that Yamaha are using in some of their 4 cylinder bikes.

That said I ride a Kawasaki, and they dont make synths...

Well not any more. I remember Kawasaki 'kiddie' keyboards from when I was a wee lad, with things like auto-rhythm, built-in speakers with terrible sound and lots of colour. A quick search turned up some of what I remember, with Amazon have a few listings for them. I'm scared to listen to any of the YT demos of them though.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
slug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Well not any more. I remember Kawasaki 'kiddie' keyboards from when I was a wee lad, with things like auto-rhythm, built-in speakers with terrible sound and lots of colour. A quick search turned up some of what I remember, with Amazon have a few listings for them. I'm scared to listen to any of the YT demos of them though.

Haha that is awesome thanks i never knew. I thought Kawasaki was otherwise just oil tankers and helicopters etc. I just did the search for the keyboards too, some of them heavily feature Kawasaki green which i approve of lol. One of the first videos that comes up is a circuit bent one, someone is making the most of it!
John Hendry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: CS80V Yamaha bring back Poly AT!!!! Reply with quote

The Yamaha CS 80V had Poly AT and if Yamaha is smart they will bring Poly AT back and that would be great. Still kick myself in the head for not ordering the VAX77 when it was available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIkKMHwXcko
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: CS80V Yamaha bring back Poly AT!!!! Reply with quote

John Hendry wrote:
The Yamaha CS 80V had Poly AT and if Yamaha is smart they will bring Poly AT back and that would be great. Still kick myself in the head for not ordering the VAX77 when it was available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIkKMHwXcko

Have a look at the hydrasynth
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not convinced this Yamaha event will be significant from a synthesis stand point - it says "The broadcast will feature new product updates, announcements, artist performances, demos, interviews and a tour of "Innovation Road" – a living history of all Yamaha products."

New product updates - That's not new product!

afr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MONTAGE White and OS v3.0 update.

New Pattern Sequencer on MONTAGE.

Mini Filter, Mini Booster, Wave Folder

Extended Low Frequency Oscillator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: