Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Switching Combi and Program sounds quickly during performanc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyattladd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Switching Combi and Program sounds quickly during performanc Reply with quote

I have a question regarding the operation of a Korg M3-73 that our church owns. I've scanned the manual online for this instrument and can't figure out an answer to my question. I found it here: http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/M3_OpG_E_633652958406340000.pdf

I probably don't use this instrument the way that it's originally intended. But here's how I currently use it during our contemporary worship service. Depending on the song style, I select an option from either a Program setting or a Combination setting. So at the beginning of each song, I select either the Prog or Combi button, select the appropriate bank, and then enter the number to select the option followed by hitting the Enter button. It's not the smoothest of transitions from song to song.

Is there a way to input our predetermined settings so that they can be selected quickly by pressing one button? Can I input the selections into one of the User banks and then use the PS-1 foot switch to change quickly for a live performance? I've read about the foot switch but I'm not sure exactly if I could input BOTH Program and Combination options into a User Bank. Frankly, I don't even understand how to input any option into a User Bank.

Ideally, we just want to switch quickly between our chosen sounds as we change to the next song during a live performance. So any ideas or thoughts as to how to accomplish this would be helpful.

And one last request: Please make any explanation a "Dummies" explanation, as this machine seems very powerful and complicated. Unfortunately, it's not my goal to work the machine to its capability. But since our church owns it, we'd like to use it strategically.

Thank you!

(I'm also going to post this to another web forum.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: