Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vocal hamony. And mp3,s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Vocal hamony. And mp3,s Reply with quote

Hi
When I sing and play along to an mp3 I cannot get the vocal harmony to recognize and play with my left hand chords. Is this normal or is there something I can do.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

I use the harmony ,,, call notes .. this can read your left hand ,, just set it up right ,,, in my down load . it is set up and it is call MP3 harmonony...
you do need to know the chords ...
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great if the next PA series arranger could play an MP3/WAV and a sequence at the same time.

This would allow you to create a sequence in sync with the mp3/wav with just the harmony notes on it (or extra stuff like sounds or effects control).

Yamaha have a system for the SX900/Genos where an iPad app analyses an audio file and creates a chord sequence for it which can then be imported to the arranger's Chord Looper. Something along these lines could be imported into the next PA's sequencer or the Chord Looper to give players with less experienced ears the data they need for the harmonizer...
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ok Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
I use the harmony ,,, call notes .. this can read your left hand ,, just set it up right ,,, in my down load . it is set up and it is call MP3 harmonony...
you do need to know the chords ...

I haven't quite grasped the procedure here can you explain in more detail please?
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding, the Pa3x can use vocal harmony with MP3, but Korg killed the feature with the 4x. Why oh why?
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
...but Korg killed the feature with the 4x. Why oh why?

No license from TC ( or : license too expensive )...

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: boo Reply with quote

yes the pa3x did harmony with mp3 and you could pick ..
one to four voices ..
and i was unhappy korg remover it ...
Bill1983

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
It would be great if the next PA series arranger could play an MP3/WAV and a sequence at the same time.

This would allow you to create a sequence in sync with the mp3/wav with just the harmony notes on it (or extra stuff like sounds or effects control).

Yamaha have a system for the SX900/Genos where an iPad app analyses an audio file and creates a chord sequence for it which can then be imported to the arranger's Chord Looper. Something along these lines could be imported into the next PA's sequencer or the Chord Looper to give players with less experienced ears the data they need for the harmonizer...

I have no idea how you could properly sync the two. The sequence will have a midi time code and/or midi clock but the mp3/wav will not unless it's hidden somewhere that I'm totally unaware of.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
robthemuso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I am still having trouble with this issue so trying again for a solution.
I have recorded an mp3 backing track and saved it to h.d. Now I want to record the vocals. It's easy enough to sing and record at the same time but I cannot get the vocal harmony to respond to the chords I'm playing with my left hand. Can I point out that I am not trying to sync a style with the mp3 and I have reduced the left hand volume to 0 so the left hand is just keying the notes for the v.h. to recognise. This worked ok with my old pa1x but doesn't't work with my 4x. Any help please.
Rob
Ron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Not what you want to hear but in an effort to help you, I tried overdubbing an MP3 on my PA but I cannot get the harmony to work either. Funny that the voice double seems to work … but not the harmonizer.

For what it's worth, the manual says we should not overdub MP3's anyway. Something about re-compressed files losing quality.

Stay well - don't be exposing yourself!

Ron
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the style or a midi file must be running in order for the vh to work.
Not so with the doubler.
400nvd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Vocal hamony. And mp3,s Reply with quote

robthemuso wrote:
Hi
When I sing and play along to an mp3 I cannot get the vocal harmony to recognize and play with my left hand chords. Is this normal or is there something I can do.

You have to select "Chord Scan" as "Song Play control" in the harmony window.
see page 552 of latest manual.

So whenever you need harmonies or hardtune with an MP3, you need to play the chords (with or without sounds)
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill1983 wrote:
Korghelper wrote:

I have no idea how you could properly sync the two. The sequence will have a midi time code and/or midi clock but the mp3/wav will not unless it's hidden somewhere that I'm totally unaware of.

If all one is doing is playing the mp3 and then recording the input chords for triggering the VH, I don't think it matters that clocks are synchronized. As long as they both start at the beginning at the same time, I doubt they would drift apart enough to make a difference over the length of a song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: