Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Genos V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the unwillingness to acknowledge the good things about other arrangers I find disturbing...

The more enthusiasm you show for features in other arrangers you really like and would use, the more likely your arranger manufacturer is to adopting them. And that benefits us ALL!

The more you show a blind willingness to refuse to countenance any other arranger no matter what, the less incentive your manufacturer has to copy great features. After all, you are going to buy his product no matter how little he adds, right? Twisted Evil

For me, there are a bunch of things that I would die to see happen to the Korg line now Yamaha have shown them possible.

The eight track looper.
The 28 freely assignable insert effects.
The Ensemble Mode.
That killer pedal steel mode.
The 256 voice polyphony.
3 GB Flash RAM
The weight drop
The subwoofer output

And if you think that because these are Yamaha features you don't want or need them, you have some issues in your life, man! Laughing
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
It's the unwillingness to acknowledge the good things about other arrangers I find disturbing...

The more enthusiasm you show for features in other arrangers you really like and would use, the more likely your arranger manufacturer is to adopting them. And that benefits us ALL!

The more you show a blind willingness to refuse to countenance any other arranger no matter what, the less incentive your manufacturer has to copy great features. After all, you are going to buy his product no matter how little he adds, right? Twisted Evil

For me, there are a bunch of things that I would die to see happen to the Korg line now Yamaha have shown them possible.

The eight track looper.
The 28 freely assignable insert effects.
The Ensemble Mode.
That killer pedal steel mode.
The 256 voice polyphony.
3 GB Flash RAM
The weight drop
The subwoofer output

And if you think that because these are Yamaha features you don't want or need them, you have some issues in your life, man! Laughing

Good points.

I freely acknowledge the good features of other manufacturers kit, I also hope that Korg at least develops and matches these new features on the Genos.

What ever Yamaha produce, for me personally nothing they make will ever induce me to buy a Yamaha.

Korg already have a massive advantage over Yamaha, the 4X here in the UK is £510 less in cost and I for one can live with the 4X as it is and keep the cash.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you play before the Korg, and were you as fervent a fan AT THE TIME?

Eventually, you changed. To something that perhaps at the time you said you'd never buy.

That's kind of the point. Never say never. For starters, the NEXT Yamaha might add what you like. Hang that over your manufacturer, he's going to try harder to keep you. He might even add what you like in the Yamaha if you are vocal enough about it.

Market pressure is a wonderful thing. Once upon a time, only Roland had the chord looper. Then Korg added it, now Yamaha. Do you think they would if everyone had said they can't stand anything about Roland's?

Never say never... keep them worried, keep them trying hard!
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. Genos update is available online.
Link
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with stephenm52 I own both the Korg PA4X and the Genos and both are great in their own ways you feel like playing..

Ronnie
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
I agree with stephenm52 I own both the Korg PA4X and the Genos and both are great in their own ways you feel like playing..

Ronnie

Me too.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:

What did you play before the Korg,

and were you as fervent a fan AT THE TIME?

Eventually, you changed. To something that perhaps at the time you said you'd never buy.

That's kind of the point. Never say never. For starters, the NEXT Yamaha might add what you like. Hang that over your manufacturer, he's going to try harder to keep you. He might even add what you like in the Yamaha if you are vocal enough about it.

Market pressure is a wonderful thing. Once upon a time, only Roland had the chord looper. Then Korg added it, now Yamaha. Do you think they would if everyone had said they can't stand anything about Roland's?

Never say never... keep them worried, keep them trying hard!

Yamaha.

I hated the damn thing, cr4p sound, rubbish menu, poor build.

Worst instrument I ever bought and played.

Tried other Yamahas and they are just as dire, MODX gave up with trying to navigate the terrible menu

Genos and new SX models break the trend, these are much superior[/b]
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
So what is special about Genos V2 please?

Pete Very Happy

What it make special from a Yamaha owners point of view?

Its actually the first time Yamaha adds new features and content to an allready excisting arranger product.

And yes, i know its something Korg has been doing for ages. But in this case Yamaha has seen the ligth, the Montage is a good example of this. Its a good thing.

Anyway, Q said, both the Genos and the PA4x where build from an entire different point of view. They are kind of hard to compare. Yamaha Genos is still missing things from pa4x, but adds a lot of very unique features, which made me decide for the Genos (this and financial reasons)
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think 50 new styles and 68 new voices is a pretty cool update feature whatever arranger you have.

I came from a Tyros 5 to PA4X and have to confess I'm glad I made the change. Everything sounded shrill/bright for my liking. The strings on the PA4X are to die for (in my opinion). Playing a tune like 'Abide with me' using strings alone sounds incredible to my ears. Only sound I really miss from the Tyros 5 is the boy's choir.
I do honestly think Yamaha missed a trick not releasing a 61 note version of the Genos. I certainly would not dismiss it on the grounds that it's made by Yamaha !!
AtinDallas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Korg ever going to release a new Korg arranger replacement for the PA4X? Am dumping my Genos as soon as they release an updated or new PA5X!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my research, the Genos was a pretty big step over the Tyros series. When the Tyros first came out, they were great machine and I know many producers that used them.

I like some of the features of the Genos and I wish that Korg would adopt some of their features to the PA Series.

The additional EFX inserts is the main thing. I would love to see this trickle down into the lower models in the line.

I own a PA700 and LOVE it (as most of you know from my posts). The depths of realism and life that I get out of my sounds is unparalleled compared to any other arranger I have ever owned). I am fairly certain that if I had a PA4X, it would be even more so over the PA700.

The mod-line units from Yamaha (the new PSR-SX series) also allow for multiple insert EFX. This is why Korg should do the same thing.

This really is a race to see who can add most stuff for the lowest price, in my opinion. Maybe Korg will up the game a bit on the lower line models (PA700/PA1000) and not leave all the super great stuff for their flagship arranger.

Whilst I can get by with the 3 insert EFX on the PA700, having more would be awesome Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:

.... I like some of the features of the Genos and I wish that Korg would adopt some of their features to the PA Series....

👌 If read at the SZone, PSR Tut or other fora, we'll see the same discussion. Genos (and other models users) look to Korg and wish that Yamaha adapt some of the stuff from PA4X etc.
Some has both brands, and still miss something or would like to have this or that. Even KMA has some features I would like to see added at Genos. 🙄
It's a neverending story, so to please everyone, we have to vote for a new sensation arranger YamaKorg, or even a KorYamKet. 😁
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: