Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About QuiRobinez videos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: About QuiRobinez videos Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

Some days ago, i've saw many exellent QuiRobinez videos, and in some of them some sounds that shows are mute, when he plays and specific chord changes to ON.- It seems to me that he could be using a EC5 pedal, but don't seem he activate any pedal button. Does somebody know how did he do that, it's usefull and amazing.- Perhaps that activation becomes for programing velocity.- But i'm not sure.-
If somebody knows, any suggestion will be appreciated.
With regards
Eduardo
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: About QuiRobinez videos Reply with quote

Eduardo_Arg wrote:
.. exellent QuiRobinez videos, and in some of them some sounds that shows are mute, when he plays and specific chord changes to ON .... .

Hello Eduardo,

I don't know how QuiRobinez did it, but there are many hidden tricks with the Pa keyboards that are not published anywhere.

Some of these options are to temporary muting acc-tracks, bass-tracks or drum-trucks with simply using rarely chord variations of the style player like 1+5, 1+ 8 (no3rd, no3rdno5th) ...

When you play in the chord recognition area, the arranger scans the keyboard and detects which chord you are playing. Then, depending on the selected Style Element, it chooses the right Chord Variation to be played for the recognized chord. If chord variation for specific recognized chords is used without events in some tracks, that tracks temporarily will not sound until you press another chord with CV-tracks filled with proper events for that style.

If, for example, for the recognized chord 1+8 for each variation of a style programm a separate CV without events in acc-tracks and bass-tracks, each time accord 1+8 is recognized, these sounds of acc-tracks are muted and again will sound, if another accord is recognized with events in its acc-tracks.

Same you can do with recognized chord 1+5 for temporary soloing drum- and bass-tracks of a style etc .....

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eduardo,

i don't know which video you are refering to, but if you let me know which video or videos it was and at the time in the video where something happens that you want to know how to do, then i will check how i did it.

I use a lot of different techniques for all the videos so i can't give just one answer, it depends on the video.

But things i use are:
- EC5 to trigger features or samples
- Chord structures to change variations (like siebenhirter also mentioned)
- Velocity tricks to trigger specific sounds (i use this a lot, mainly because this gives me extra sounds on top of the current sounds (and this is also something i did a lot on the korg kronos))
- Added sounds through the multipads
- Some extra effects are added through samples
- or occasionally i connect my Studio setup to the synth / keyboard i demo and can make use of any VST or synth in my studio on top of the sounds (like i did in the Hans Zimmer - Time ambient remix)

and there are some sound design tricks i used in the pa4x like time sequenced Wave sequencing which i can enter through holding the hold pedal. And many more of those kind of tricks.

So as you see, lot's of possibilities, but just let me know which video and the time in that video where you hear something you can't explain and i will look into it.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

First thanks both for your quick response and for your fully suggestions.-
As i've downloades all your videos, i'll check again on the and tell which one i refered.-

Although, yours suggestions (Siebenhirter & QuiR) open my mind, THANKS THANKS THANKS.-

With regards
Eduardo
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

QuiR, i got the video: is Qui Robinez Melliflous sound-set for Korg Pa4x- Part 3, a beautiful spanish like song.-
With Regards
Eduardo
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo_Arg wrote:
Hi Friends:

QuiR, i got the video: is Qui Robinez Melliflous sound-set for Korg Pa4x- Part 3, a beautiful spanish like song.-
With Regards
Eduardo

that demo was created by one of the korg members here, his name is Sam_CA

I've watched the video and my guess is that he is using the EC5 to mute / unmute the upper sounds.

Another possibility is that he is using keyboard sets which are bound to the variation of the style (this is a feature the pa4x supports). But i don't think he is using this technique in the video, the EC5 (or another pedal trigger) is probably the right answer.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks QuiR:

I've supposed the video is yours.-
Perhaps using EC5 seems to be the most quick option; but you and Siebenhirter open my mind to invest some hours about doing that with variation of the style.-
Although Kronos is my master kybd, PA4X surprise me each day.
Finally i think Korg must implement better advance manuals to let everyone get the best of these beasts.-
Thank again friends for all your generosity sharing your knowledge with us.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: