Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2's to be supplied by venue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Kronos 2's to be supplied by venue Reply with quote

Hi all, I am doing a short tour soon (flights only) which means I can't take my Kronos 2 with me. I know how to save everything I need to USB for the Kronos 2's which will be provided by the venues. BUT, my Kronos 2 OS is 3.1.2 and at this stage I'm reluctant to upgrade to 3.1.3 in case I mess something up. Does it matter what OS the Kronos 2's provided will have installed? I expect they will be running on 3.1.3.

Thanks.
Korg Oasys 76, Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg Wavestation EX, Roland Jupiter X, 2 x Roland A800 Pro, Yamaha SY77, MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Core i7 2.7GHz 16GB / 768GB, MainStage 3, Cymatic uTrack24, Samson S Patch, U-PHORIA UMC404HD Audio interface, Yamaha MG16XU mixer
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don’t think you’ll have an issue. You can check at Korg support and review the download history to read the list of “fix and bug” issues that are addressed with every OS update. If time permits, you might want to update the OS on your Kronos.

Something else to consider, as you mentioned, doing a save all to your USB stick is a pretty simple operation. However, if you are going to try to load custom samples and/or songs into the loaner Kronos from your flash drive, and if you’re not accustomed to doing that procedure, it can be a bit tricky.
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I've updated my K2 to OS 3.1.3 now. I'll take the new OS on a USB stick and update the provided K2's if I have a problem. Cheers.
Korg Oasys 76, Korg Kronos 2 61, Korg Wavestation EX, Roland Jupiter X, 2 x Roland A800 Pro, Yamaha SY77, MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch Core i7 2.7GHz 16GB / 768GB, MainStage 3, Cymatic uTrack24, Samson S Patch, U-PHORIA UMC404HD Audio interface, Yamaha MG16XU mixer
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff Flynn wrote:
Ok thanks. I've updated my K2 to OS 3.1.3 now. I'll take the new OS on a USB stick and update the provided K2's if I have a problem. Cheers.

As previously mentioned, custom samples could be tricky, but if you’re just using the factory loaded programs and combis you should be fine. If you use the setlist function that should work fine too.

I wouldn’t worry about about updating the OS in the loaner Kronos unless you’re having problems loading your stuff.
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Geoff Flynn wrote:

As previously mentioned, custom samples could be tricky, but if you’re just using the factory loaded programs and combis you should be fine. If you use the setlist function that should work fine too.

I wouldn’t worry about about updating the OS in the loaner Kronos unless you’re having problems loading your stuff.

No custom samples so I'm hoping should be OK.

I don't use setlist any more since several instances where selecting a SONG resulted in the previously selected SONG starting. No idea why but too risky.

Also using Setlist to select songs can be a problem......because if you accidentally touch the screen whilst a SONG is playing, then it stops playing. Not good for "live" performance.

So I just select from the SONG list now. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: