Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UD-BT01 Wireless MIDI Adaptor- won't connect with PA4X/PA300
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: UD-BT01 Wireless MIDI Adaptor- won't connect with PA4X/PA300 Reply with quote

I'm trying to connect a UD-BT01 to my PA300 which I recently purchased. No luck.
I am running a MD-BT01 on my PA4x for the past two years which works fine, so I tried to connect the UD-BT01 to this but also no luck. The UD-BT01 connect fine with my iPad where I run SONGBOOK and I can connect /disconnect and see the red light flash and then on continuos when the connection is made with the iPad, so this is fine.
I've changed the lead from the UD-BT01 to USB device port on the back of the PA4x but no luck. Any thoughts on what I do else.
Any help appreciated.
Regards, Rosco
Very Happy
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably asking an all too obvious question - but are you supplying power to the UD-BT01? My understanding is that UD version requires seperate USB power from a powerpoint (or from a host USB port).
Given that it needs power I just wonder how this device could be any better than using a Camera Connection Kit that also allows pass through power?
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rueben, Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, 240 AC power is connected to wireless adaptor via iphone plug. So all powered up and responding fine, but keyboard doesn't respond when I change songs on ipad (via Songbook APP).
Regards, Rosss
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rosco,

If your iPad can connect to the midi device, then you know the midi device is getting power ok.

Suggestions:

1) Check that you have the UD-BT01 connected to the host port (not via a USB cable to device port)

2) Check midi settings on the PA300 (esp. that Control Channel matches the channel you set for the Songbook+)

Phil
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,
Yes, I've connected via the host port which has the square plug (same as you use on a printer). I've got MIDI in/out channel 16 set to control and midi preset set to 08- tablet.

I am using MD-BT01 on my PA4x for the past 2 years which works fine.
I have plugged the UD-BT01 into the PA4x, but it doesn't work there either.

I am getting a replacement UD-BT01 next week , as it may be faulty, and will see whether this is the problem.
The reason I need a UD-BT01 is that the PA300 doesn't have in/out MIDI ports as per the PA4X.
Regards, Rosco
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update, let us know how it works out.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Ud-bt01 not connecting Reply with quote

What midi device are you trying to connect? If you want to connect another Bluetooth midi device you need to use an App like MidiFlow on your iPad to connect. I have a couple YouTube info on this

https://youtu.be/0n2DvOWecoo

https://youtu.be/dNw967Z7oMk

I have been using the ud-bt01 for several years. The first thing you need to do is power up the ud-bt01 before turning on the Korg. If using songbook plus, all you need to do is Put in songbook number (four digits - example 0021 for number 21). Select “auto open on midi command”. No other settings needed in songbook edit section. Then in the songbook plus global setting, “channel 16, midi inOut enabled” . In the “easy keyboard control” Select
“Korg songbook entry (with code). Make sure Midi LE is device is connected.
Make sure the channel 16 of midi in/out is set to control in Korg and no midi filters.

I have had issues as simple as a bad usb cable, something to consider?

I used this with PA1x, PA3x and now pa1000. Should function with pa300.
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to connect a PA300.

But I have a PA4x which also also doesn't connect with the UD-BT01. I have been using a MD-BT01 on this PA4x which works fine connecting my iPad to the PA4x.

I have swapped over the UD-BT01 today as I thought it may be faulty, but no luck on the PA4x. Until I get it running on the PA4x, which I know works fine with the MD-BT01, I'll forget about the PA300.
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosco_Australia wrote:
Trying to connect a PA300.

But I have a PA4x which also also doesn't connect with the UD-BT01. I have been using a MD-BT01 on this PA4x which works fine connecting my iPad to the PA4x.

I have swapped over the UD-BT01 today as I thought it may be faulty, but no luck on the PA4x. Until I get it running on the PA4x, which I know works fine with the MD-BT01, I'll forget about the PA300.

Hmmm? My PA3x PA1x and now pa1000 connects to ud-bt01...I have been using it in gigs for years. I needed the midi in for my Roland accordion as reason why I needed it. What app are you using on IPad? Pa4x should work too...
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keymn,
can you advise where I locate "auto open on midi command". Is this on the Korg keyboard or the Songbook+ BAUM software on my iPad.

My basic problem is that the UD-BT01 works fine using the midi in/midi out on the PA4X, but the MD-BT01 doesn't work when plugged into the host port on the PA4x.
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosco_Australia wrote:
Hi keymn,
can you advise where I locate "auto open on midi command". Is this on the Korg keyboard or the Songbook+ BAUM software on my iPad.

My basic problem is that the UD-BT01 works fine using the midi in/midi out on the PA4X, but the MD-BT01 doesn't work when plugged into the host port on the PA4x.

It is in songbook app. You have to do this for each song. Open the song and press the three dots “...”
Under other “edit song”. Just need to enter “songbook #” and turn on
“Auto open on midi command”.
Are you on channel 16 in the songbook + app? If not set as explained in other quote. On The Korg, midi set to “control” on the channel 16. All others off, no midi filters.
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
Rosco_Australia wrote:
Hi keymn,

It is in songbook app. You have to do this for each song. Open the song and press the three dots “...”
Under other “edit song”. Just need to enter “songbook #” and turn on
“Auto open on midi command”.
Are you on channel 16 in the songbook + app? If not set as explained in other quote. On The Korg, midi set to “control” on the channel 16. All others off, no midi filters.

Hope this helps!
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rosco,

You said "My basic problem is that the UD-BT01 works fine using the midi in/midi out on the PA4X, but the MD-BT01 doesn't work when plugged into the host port on the PA4x."

I think there is a bit of confusion creeping in here?

The MD-BT01 is what you originally bought and can only plug into the traditional midi ports (unless you are using an adaptor to plug into USB Host which I doubt). The UD-BT01 only plugs into host port.

So I think you meant to say the opposite of what you actually said?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rossco,

I don't own a UD-BT01 but have perused the Owner Manual to try and assist.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/9/723229/udbt01_en_om_b0.pdf

In the connection example therein, the UD-BT01 device is not self powered and is connected to a wall wart power source. I presume you have tried that also as part of your debugging?
Songbook+ app for iPad
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello PA4x_user
Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion
MD-BT01 works fine for past 2 years. Two plugs into midi in/midi out into the PA4x. Self powered
UD-BT-01, new addition. One plug into the host port. Needs 240V in the wall.
I can see both of these on the Songbook+/ Bluetooth MIDI devides on iPad and can connect both, and see lights stay on the units when they are connected.
So connections are made.
As I said MD works fine with the PA4x , but UD won't respond.
The problems seems to lie with the PA4x responding to the UD-BT01.
Is their any setting on the PA4X that I need to change?
Regards, Ross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: