Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are available
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 OS versions v1.5.0 Reply with quote

Hi there,

the only novelty of OS 1.5 for Pa1000 is a synchronization option for the video output added for the HDMI version.
This allows you to manually select a synchronization for the external video monitor if this should not automatically work as intended.
The selected option with which the synchronization with the monitor works best remains saved.
As good as this update may be for some users, the modest scope of the OS update is more than disappointing after such a long period of time.

The biggest shortcoming for me of the Pa1000 - known and complained since the first delivery - is still that when changing a running style with the songbook there are annoying transitions, rumplers and crackles - so you can not make joyful music.

The reason for the ugly breakers is that "StyleToKeyboardSet" does not work as it does in StylePlay. With the Songbook also running styles with StyleToKbdSet = Off, loading KbdSet # 1 automatically is nonsense. This interrupts all played melodies and held notes (Upper, Lower) with all the effects used.

The songbook of the Pa1000 is still unusable for demanding style players. The StyleToKbdSet function for styles with the songbook should work as in the StylePlay - should not be to automatically load KbdSet # 1 in the OFF position (that happens anyway as planned in position ON).
To fix this shortcoming an update finally is necessary!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
ime95mos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was quite a bump in verions numbers? From 1.3.x to 1.5.x..
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if some of the next features were ported over to the Pa700 and Pa1000.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I didn't know the Pa1000 had a HDMI video output!

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 OS versions v1.5.0 Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Ah! I didn't know the Pa1000 had a HDMI video output!

There are two different versions of Pa1000. The type of the instruments is identified by the serial number.

Type A is up to SN# 39999 with the Video Out is RCA (Composite) and Clock Battery CR2032.
Type B is from SN# 40000 with HDMI and Clock Battery CR1632

With the introduction of Pa1000 Type B, there are two different versions of the operating system install packages. These versions are functionally identical, apart for some different functions in the Video Out page. When upgrading the operating system, or executing a full factory reset, Pa1000 will ask for the correct version of the operating system install pack.

It is very irritating, that Korg publishs a a reference to FULL FACTORY RESET. For Pa1000 there are no "Full Factory Reset Packages" available for download.
Also the two OS-Update-Packages (UPD, PCG) for Version 1.5 are "minimal packages" without a full factory reset.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is the direct link for. Os for pa700

https://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/04a0ebfa984c7ef1c92454542dbc0c04.zip?response-content-disposition=attachment%3Bfilename%3DPa700_Operating_System_v150.zip&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream%3B
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahaha .
Bravo Korg !!!
LoL ...
With one fix and one new function for PA1000 HDMI you did go from ver. 1.3.1 to ver 1.5 Smile ... Why not to ver. 2.0 LOL .... hahahahahaha ...
If you add 2 new functions and 2 bug fixes will you go to ver . 3.0 ? !!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...
Bravo , I have nothing to say Sad
Make Music !!!

Last edited by Lika on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
export-B

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing from scratch.

Could they add a little more RAM for the samples...

I stay on 1.3.1. LOL
Polysix, Poly 800, DW6000, DW8000, DS8, M1, PA1X Pro, PA2X Pro, Kronos X 61, PA3X Pro, PA3X LE, PA700, PA4X 76, PA1000, Kronos SE and now Nautilus 73 and Casio PXS3000, Cubase 12, NI Ultimate 12, Komplete Kontrol S49,ReFX 3.0,Roland FR1X.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm wondering if the folks who did upgrade to 1.3 are stable now.

Yeah, disappointing that we don't get near the love the Pa4X does for OS updates. They've got a ton of features in the Pa4X now that would be fully accesible to us, but they haven't done the very minor work of modifying what they've already done so it would work on our boards. We're talking minor tweaks, hardly anything.
shiran1986

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew about this version a week ago.

They uploaded the version to the website i guess by mistake and then remove it.

I read about the changes they did, and i was thinking to myself this is not serious.. i stayed on 1.3.

I hoped they would listen to the issues that people here encountered.
I'm not trust my pa1000 on stage, i having freezing issue + sound tune that changing automatically + drum style loops that not functioning correctly.

More than two year's with all mentioned issues..

I'm really hope after almost 15 years as Korg customer that Roland will come this year with a new arranger keyboard and i'll not think twice.

Sorry for the frustration, but they really pissed me off now, too bad I sold the pa900 !!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiran1986 wrote:
I knew about this version a week ago.

They uploaded the version to the website i guess by mistake and then remove it.

I read about the changes they did, and i was thinking to myself this is not serious.. i stayed on 1.3.

I hoped they would listen to the issues that people here encounter..
I'm not trust my pa1000 on stage, i having freezing issue + sound tune that changing automatically + drum style loops that not functioning correctly.

More than two year's with all mentioned issues..

I'm really hope after almost 15 years as Korg customer that Roland will come this year with a new arranger keyboard and i'll not think twice.

Sorry for the frustration, but they really pissed me off now, too bad I sold the pa900 !!
Sorry to hear that.

I myself (20 years Korgs PA user) have the similar problems as you with my Pa1000 and reported in detail here in the forum, and even contacted Korg Support USA
about these issues but so far no positive result, the problems are there and hope Korg will release soon an efficient update with these bugs fixed.

I found a YT about Pa1000 issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6asY04HsKE
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

BR
Install the new OS 1.5 see if it helps try to make it lock up ,,You have nothing to lose...

let us know ..
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still haven't made the pa1000 compatible with 4x OS V3 User sounds which means the PA manager is the only option to convert them. Not impressed at all with the new updates. The video output is not even a mandatory feature
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

So far I’ve loaded it up os 1.5 . Running two sequencers at the same time one MP 3 one midi… doing a search at the same time as both song player are running . and look through directory’s….
I’m trying to make it choke or trying to slow it down or make it confused,, so far it’s working great and I hope it keeps that way…
Time will tell.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 OS1.5 Reply with quote

shiran1986 wrote:
... not trust my pa1000 on stage, i having freezing issue + sound tune that changing automatically + drum style loops that not functioning correctly. More than two year's with all mentioned issues .. really hope after almost 15 years as Korg customer that Roland will come this year with a new arranger keyboard and i'll not think twice ... too bad I sold the pa900 ..

BR wrote:
... have the similar problems as you with my Pa1000 .. contacted Korg Support USA about these issues but so far no positive result ...

Having been known for a long time if there really are no positive reactions from Korg Support, then that would be outrageousvery.

According to the previous postings about errors of the Pa1000, which cannot be fixed after usage of user samples, this is very worrying. At least it would have been expected that in such cases at least a complete package "Pa1000 Factory Reset v ...." should be offered by Korg for troubleshooting. So everybody should be able to get runnig a Pa1000 again if eMMC got corrupt data - regardless of whether with external software (like the Pa-Manager) or by loading faulty data.
BR wrote:
... hope Korg will release soon an efficient update with these bugs fixed .. ...

The big question, however, is whether and how often the errors described by user BR actually occur with each Pa1000, which means that on the one hand it is no longer possible to continue using the keyboard without system crashes and on the other hand no troubleshooting is offered by Korg.
The most important information is, how many users deal with user samples and user styles and are affected by this error so that a keyboard can no longer be used satisfactorily.

If this error should not be repeatable and producible with every Pa1000, but only affects a few individual cases, then Korg for these users at least should offer a repair of these devices.

However, it would also be important to know how many (or most of us ?) work with user samples and user styles without no such serious errors, but could easily been removed by deleting corrupt data and not to use these corrupt data again.

I think that forum would be well suited to share experiences here, because according to the existing postings I would not even decide to buy a Pa1000 if it would be offered 20% of the current price!

But hope to get some more informations here for a decision - or a solution on how to reset a Pa1000 with damaged data in eMMC to use it again satisfactorily. That really can not be done with Minimal-Packages.

duby2 wrote:
BR Install the new OS 1.5 see if it helps try to make it lock up ,,You have nothing to lose...let us know ..

Until now, all OS-packages of Pa1000 are minimal packages - also OS-Update 1.5 !

Last edited by siebenhirter on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: