Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody have realistic piano sounds for Korg pa4x?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Korg pa4x Reply with quote

Hahaha
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's illegal even to sample your girlfriend while singing in the shower .

Laughing Laughing
Does this also apply to sampling your best friend's girlfriend while singing in the shower? Confused Confused
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha only if you sing chorus!!!!!!!!

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
steve350

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I bashed going to the Pa4 from the Pa3, the piano sounds are great. So what are you talking about?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve350 wrote:
As much as I bashed going to the Pa4 from the Pa3, the piano sounds are great. So what are you talking about?

I agree. They're very playable and sound pretty decent...especially if you compare them to the Pa2x/800 plastic sounding pianos. John's FREE Salamander piano sound-set is an awesome addition as well.

Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
KONNECTORAS wrote:
As Roland leaflets say: "make your OWN music, but do not copy the sounds, or re-distribute them

Interesting/confusing, so how do they patent the actual sounds - on what basis are they copyright - at what technical level are these "owned"?
Example: D50 sounds - available for Korg, Nord, Yamaha etc... and they are very good and hard to differentiate from the original and they are NOT offered by Roland!!

Please understand that I am NOT arguing at all here - would just like to know the following....

We have plagiarism checks/copyright rules on songs but what are the "rules" regarding sounds?

So, if I create a new sound on my Jupiter-80 which sounds identical to a Korg sound and compare that process to actually copying the Korg sound "illegally" (as you imply), how is the copyright issue determined/proven?

This whole issue seems to be a bag of worms.... it's like the "styles" copying which has (rightly or wrongly) been going on for many years - collections still available on e-bay and many on these forums....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

WHOOPS - I JUST HIT 9000 posts - I NEED TO GET A LIFE Wink

Actually, as a professional musician, it’s well worth taking a fairly deep dive into the world of copyright, as your potential as a money maker depends largely on it. Being unaware of the difference between copyright types is no defense should one get sued! Ask Ray Parker Jr if you don’t believe me.

There’s a huge difference between ‘recreating’ a sound and directly sampling it. One is the product of your own effort, the other is initially the product of someone else’s. And much depends on how you use the word ‘sound’. A big wide pad is a sound. A Bosendorfer Imperial is a sound. And Ivory’s sample set of a Bosendorfer Imperial is a sound. But all three have different degrees of protection.

‘Fair use’ varies from country to country, but on the whole, if your use of a ‘sound’ is for your own use at home, it is largely moot what the laws are. You are the only one with any knowledge of the possible infringement, and you make no money of it.

But all in all, copyright law tends to follow the‘golden rule’. If you would lose money or creative control of a sound YOU had created by someone else copying it, you have a case against the other party. Obviously, it’s not as cut and dried as that, and ever evolving as laws slowly catch up with technology. But the principle applies. If you are at home, for yourself, fair use probably applies. But the minute you make money off of it, you had better know if what you did was legal!
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anybody have realistic piano sounds for Korg pa4x? Reply with quote

shawnstanley123 wrote:
Hi...
I am looking for more realistic or closer to realistic piano sounds for my Korg PA4X. Does anybody have one?

Use QSC K10.2 when you use these with the PAas Sound Bar it for some reason links very nicely and gives a very good sound on all the pianos whilst providing you with a monitor. Don't be snobby take the sound bar on gigs also
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a large degree of the problem with how realistic a piano sound sounds can be placed on how realistically the arranger is EQ’d. That same Maxx preset that makes the bass bassier and the drums punchier and gives you that wonderful rumble on low end synth sounds is also the very thing that can make the piano sound tubbier and unrealistically deep.

There’s a lot to be learned by sitting down to a real piano every now and again and listening very carefully to the balance between the bass register and the middle/upper. Pianos rarely have anywhere near the low end that keyboards can give them. That is how pianists and bass players can play well together without clashing in the real world, but often get in each other’s way in a workstation.

It might be worth splitting the keyboard into piano and bass, then playing both together, and start cutting some lows off the piano sound until the balance against the bass sounds closer to real life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: