Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comfort in these uncertain times.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Comfort in these uncertain times. Reply with quote

Hi all,

For the record I'm in my mid sixties, live in the suburbs of London U.K.
and am retired. My wife and I are currently in 'lockdown' (particularly due to our age) to try and avoid catching Corona Virus.

That being said, once I've finished my daily 'chores' it's a struggle to find things to do. Fortunately I have my PA4X to fall back on, and it's been a godsend the last six weeks as it keeps me thoroughly occupied. I notice that the more involved and the more time I spend with it, the more engrossed I get with it and often have to be ordered away at meal times !! That's not to say I'm a good player, if anything I'm quite the opposite but here's the great thing. You do not have to be an accomplished player to great great satisfaction in your hobby of music making.
Sorry to offend anyone but's it sure beats watching the telly !!

Now I'm not saying this is exclusive to the PA4X. If you have an old or new Casio, Yamaha or Ketron arranger or even a top of the range Yamaha CVP or digital piano the pleasure you can get from them is immeasurable. Devote the time and reap the benefits.

I know I'm preaching to the 'converted' but for me it's been a real help while spending so much time indoors.

Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris... thumbs up from me, I have been thinking the same also and nicely put Smile
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Comfort in these uncertain times. Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi all,

For the record I'm in my mid sixties, live in the suburbs of London U.K.
and am retired. My wife and I are currently in 'lockdown' (particularly due to our age) to try and avoid catching Corona Virus.

That being said, once I've finished my daily 'chores' it's a struggle to find things to do. Fortunately I have my PA4X to fall back on, and it's been a godsend the last six weeks as it keeps me thoroughly occupied. I notice that the more involved and the more time I spend with it, the more engrossed I get with it and often have to be ordered away at meal times !! That's not to say I'm a good player, if anything I'm quite the opposite but here's the great thing. You do not have to be an accomplished player to great great satisfaction in your hobby of music making.
Sorry to offend anyone but's it sure beats watching the telly !!

Now I'm not saying this is exclusive to the PA4X. If you have an old or new Casio, Yamaha or Ketron arranger or even a top of the range Yamaha CVP or digital piano the pleasure you can get from them is immeasurable. Devote the time and reap the benefits.

I know I'm preaching to the 'converted' but for me it's been a real help while spending so much time indoors.

Chris

Hi Chris , that what i was thinking about Smile in fact... my arranger keyboard and Youtube videos is the only recreation for me.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris

+1

Eric Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH!!! Chris!!!!
+1 from me too

I've decided to get deeper into and learn my Kronos properly - plenty of youtube help on just about everything.

Take care all of you - have some fun!!

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, Chris. There's nothing on TV of interest to me. I watch the news and a bit of sport (which is all reruns, anyway), so my time is split between my Pa3x, going out for walks - luckily, we live in a very quiet area, and, well, that's about it. Be well, everybody.
hans1966

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, I totally agree with you. Fraternal greetings to you and to all the members of this great forum.[/code]

I choose the Peace of God!

Last edited by hans1966 on Sun May 03, 2020 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
rockola

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I agree with you 100%. My PA4x is helping me to retain my sanity during these trying times. It is, without doubt, the best purchase I have ever made.

Keep safe.

Don
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely with Chris that our keyboards are a great tool to help pass the time. Like Pete, I am using a lot of time trying to learn some of the intricacies of the Kronos. Yesterday I spent about four hours trying to get a simple technique to work. I finally gave up just before I too had to be called for dinner. My last task was to post for help on the Kronos forum. Which brings me to wanting to say how much this forum has helped during this unusual time. Not just the answers to questions but the personal interactions between people around the world with a common interest in music and keyboards. Unfortunately we now have the virus in common as well but hopefully this will pass soon and we can get back to a more normal life.

I appreciate my keyboards but also this forum and the many people who have helped me. I feel like I know many of you and I wish you all well during this strange time.

Ron
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its the opposite, I thought back in March when we were ordered home that YES ! I would be able to really get stuck in at my home studio, Revamping things like workflow, layout and re cabling the place Plus loads of time to be playing all my gear. The wife had a list of jobs like renovating the garden then got lumbered with decorating internally, tending to my business thorugh this time, then decorating my garage. To be honest out of nearly six weeks off work I have had probably no more than six hours to play, who would have thought that !

I have not had a single day where I have got up and thought I'm Bored what shall I do but having said all this I feel contented that I have got all the jobs done that when I am working full time just get put on the backburner.

Well thats me I hope that each of you and your families are well
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
keithwjones

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed my Pa800 for a Pa4X just before lockdown. I was only getting a Pa1000.

So plenty to learn.

I now have all the Triton sounds loaded with the help of Pete.

Keith
Bartjuhx3

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the crisis,
I learned so much about my Pa4X.

To be honnest, surely not the 50% of the machine but i found out Maxxaudio does incredible things. I used some settings that were shared on the forum, and the sound now is totally different, warm, more realistic with a great audio output.

I told before, i came from a Roland G-70 (for me still the best Roland arranger in my opinion).

But with editting sounds and using de maxxEQ the korg sounds really fantastic.

In the beginning it was hard to set everything right how i wanted it to sound, but these sometimes lazy days did me learned alot more about sound editting and output editting.

I love my pa4x 😍❤️
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember right, Roland G-70's guitar had also RX sounds,but they could be playable at normal note range as well .
Could you replicate the settings and create such a layering Program for Pa4x?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, for me the opposite is true. I haven't touched the Pa4x and as a matter of fact, I am now considering retiring from performing live music.

I've been performing live for 50 years doing 100's of gigs and the Covid virus has put things in perspective for me. I really value my private time now. The effort is not worth the meager payoff any longer. The only thing that doesn't hurt when I perform is my voice! Between bad back, arthritic hands, wrists, legs, etc. If feels nice on the weekends to be pain free and have so much free time for other stuff like socializing. Plus HATE driving a stinking SUV which I need to move equipment around. I see a nice Porsche sports car in my future.

I guess we all reach these crossroads at some point.
Rosco_Australia

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr,
Sorry you feel that way. I really appreciated the country styles you shared with us a few weeks back.
Regards, Rosco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: