Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KApro EXs pianos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector Space

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: KApro EXs pianos Reply with quote

I bought the KApro EXs280–EXs281-EXs282–EXs283–EXs284 Concert Grands set in the sale and have finally had some time to make some space and install. I have to say there are some beauties in this set, and it is so nice to have them in HD-1 format rather than SGX2. HD-1 provides so much more scope for user adjustment. Once I got rid of all those ifxs used in each program (12 really!! lol) the actual samples sound great and you can adjust the dynamic range and velocity switch points to suit your material, playing style and keybed (I use an RD2000 PHA-50)! My particular favourite is what is called 211. Having gone through the Korg shop blurb I suspect that this is this one: "a newly refurbished French concert grand piano with eight (Cool velocity layers, derived from the EXs70 "Chopin Grand" Sound Library" - I'm guessing is this an Erard piano? It would be nice to know.. similarly with the others! Anyway these sample sets along with KApro EXs285–EXs286–EXs287–EXs288 do truly lift the K2 to another level. Thankyou.

Here's the list and what I think each number refers to!
KApro EXs280–EXs281-EXs282–EXs283–EXs284
227 => a newly recorded German concert grand piano with eight (8 ) velocity layers

225 => a newly recorded German chamber concert grand piano with seven (7) velocity layers

280 => a newly refurbished German concert grand piano with eight (8 ) velocity layers, derived from the EXs71 "East German Grand" Sound Library

245 => a newly refurbished Austrian concert grand piano with eight (8 ) velocity layers,derived from the EXs31 "Mozart Grand" Sound Library Bösendorfer?

211 => a newly refurbished French concert grand piano with eight (8 ) velocity layers, derived from the EXs70 "Chopin Grand" Sound Library - Erard piano?

125 => a newly refurbished German upright piano with eight (8 ) velocity layers, derived from the EXs30 "Klavier" Sound Library

130 => a newly recorded Austrian upright piano with six (6 ) velocity layers
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to read your feedback - I've bought these KApro pianos too, but haven't yet had time to get them installed and check them out. I'm looking forward even more to doing it now. I'm sorry that I can't answer your question about the Erard, though - it'd be good to know.
Hector Space

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Problem with KApro Exs280 German Grand 227 Reply with quote

KApro Exs 280 piano 227 => a newly recorded German concert grand piano with eight (Cool velocity layers

This is a beautiful sample set when the unnecessary IFX’s are removed, and it is very realistically playable from an RD 2000 PHA-50 once the velocity switch points and multisample levels are adjusted to suit the Roland’s velocity curve output.

I love this piano, but unfortunately it has a G4 that is significantly quieter than its surrounding notes. I’ve checked it out via midi to my K2 61 from both my RD2000 and Casio PX5s. The G4 needs to be about 3db louder in most of the layers, particularly mp, to fff.

I have made a rough fix to this by using HD-1’s two keyboard track ramps combined through AMS mixer 2 and 1 to boost the volume of G4. But it would be much better to edit the multisample files (.KMP) in the set ( G-227 FFF, through to G-227 MP) to increase the volume/gain of the samples for this note. This is something that is readily accomplished for factory and installed libraries on my Kurzweil Forte but it does not seem to be possible on the Kronos.

This piano is the main reason for wanting this collection and it is a beauty, so in the first instance it would be great if a fix for this could be issued by KApro.

Failing this, does anyone know if there’s a way for editing/Hacking a .KSC's .KMP multisample files because I expect there will be other instances of this type of problem, that effectively make what would otherwise be very usable multisamples dumpers. Too bad there isn't an onboard way of editing them.
brianboy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: KApro Premium Grands Reply with quote

I'm pretty much new to loading the Korg sound libraries. I bought the KApro Premium Grands (EXs285-288) & loaded / installed them on the Kronos 2 88. Now that they're loaded on, how do I find the "Italian Grand" they referenced? I don't see it listed anywhere in the pianos. Also, where do I find ANY of the listed pianos that are supposed to be in that sound library? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question. I thought once the libraries are loaded, it would be obvious, as they would show up as additional pianos.
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only these KORG pianos can be selected in the SGX engine. Not all may be installed on your Kronos, but can be purchased.

EXs6 - German
EXs7 - Japanese
EXs17 - Berlin
EXs12 - Austrian
EXs21 - Italian

All other piano libraries purchased from other providers like KApro, use the HD-1 engine.
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hector,

It may well be worth contacting Kapro to let them know. They'll have hoped to have put out these libraries without any errors, but it's only natural for it to happen from time to time. With a bit of luck, they may be able to upload a tweaked version.

Alternatively, if you can access the multisamples yourself - and I haven't checked to see if that is possible in this case - a decent workaround would be to not use the G4 samples, but instead alter the range of the G#4 sample to cover two notes - G4 and G#4. As I say, I haven't checked it out for myself though.
Hector Space

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done via Facebook Messenger: Hi I've recently bought your KApro grand piano libraries (EXs 280-240 EXs 285-288) As I go through them and test them I have a problem with EXs 280 piano 227

This is a beautiful sample set and it is very realistically playable from an RD 2000 PHA-50 once the velocity switch points and multisample levels are adjusted to suit the Roland’s velocity curve output.

I love this piano, but unfortunately it has a quiet spot around G4 - G#4 that is significantly quieter than its surrounding notes - particularly the G4 itself. I’ve checked it out via midi to my K2 61 from both my RD2000 and Casio PX5s. The G4 needs to be about 3db louder in most of the layers, particularly mp, to fff.

I have made a rough fix to this by using HD-1’s two keyboard track ramps combined through AMS mixer 2 and 1 to boost the volume of G4. But it would be much better to edit the multisample files (.KMP) in the set ( G-227 FFF, through to G-227 MP) to increase the volume/gain of the samples for this note. This is something that is readily accomplished for factory and installed libraries on my Kurzweil Forte but it does not seem to be possible on the Kronos.

This piano is the main reason for wanting this collection and it is a beauty, so in the first instance it would be great if a fix for this could be issued by KApro.

I understand just how much work these libraries represent but I hope you can help

Many thanks

Steve
Jogger

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update and sending them the message. I too am interested in getting these pianos.
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great email, Steve. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
ElevenPhingahz

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at getting these APs but put the brakes on after reading this.
brianboy

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: KApro Libraries 285 - 288 Reply with quote

Finally got the libraries Premium Grands & Keys loaded and tried the Italian Grand. I'm impressed with the Italian Grand Sound Library. Took a little time to realize what banks the libraries were loaded in. I didn't pay much attention when installing. Now that I know, I'm trying all them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: