Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

finding a program on Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: finding a program on Kronos Reply with quote

Hi
Just wondering if there is a way to search the Kronos HD for a particular program? From the screen?
Thanks
Ross
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the magnifying glass icons on all of the Program and Combi screens?

There are several - look for them, input your search criteria and browse through the results. The results dialog displays how many matches are located and you can browse and test each dynamically.

They also will match on partial hits - search for brass, for instance, and it will return a number of hits which include the word “brass”.

You can also browse through the categories if you are unsure what you are specifically looking for.
KorganizR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ross,

Not sure if I understand your question correctly.

rossb wrote:
Just wondering if there is a way to search the Kronos HD for a particular program?

You mention searching for programs on the "Kronos HD".

The in-memory PCG of the Kronos can indeed be searched by using the magnifying glass tool, as tunaman pointed out.

However, to my knowledge there is no way of searching the Kronos HD (multiple PCG files with various file names, stored on disk) for a particular program. I'm not sure whether this is what you are asking.

If the latter is indeed what you're asking, then consider checking out a utility program that I've written back in 2013, called "PCGrid".
If the PCG files are copied onto a computer (Win/Linux/Mac), PCGrid lets you open multiple PCG files at once, offering a number of features,
one of which is to search for programs (or combis, wavesequences, drumkits) across multiple PCG files.
You can specify a (partial) name, and PCGrid shows all matches in all opened PCG files.

You can find information about PCGrid in the following thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=87348

There's a zipfile on Karma-Lab (mentioned in the above topic) that can be downloaded which contains the PCGrid program and documentation.
I didn't do any development on PCGrid since then, so I hope it is still compatible with the latest Win/Linux/Mac versions.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
KorganizR
rossb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tunaman and KorganizR
Thanks for the quick responses and just goes to show I couldn't see for looking!!! Can't explain how I missed the magnifying glass! So embarrassing!
Mind you it wasn't for want of trying. I used the pdf search function in the Operations Guide and Parameter Guides to look for the words 'search' and 'find' without success and of course neither of these huge guides has an index! And the magnifying glass is missing from the diagram of the TouchView user interface of the Op's Guide.
But I now know how to do it. Thanks guys Much appreciated.
Ross
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that helped!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also can use PCG Tools (see link below in my signature).

When generating a patch list, you can search programs, combis, drums, wave sequences, set list slots within a generated text/Excel/Csv file.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
You also can use PCG Tools (see link below in my signature).

When generating a patch list, you can search programs, combis, drums, wave sequences, set list slots within a generated text/Excel/Csv file.

... and SO MUCH MORE!!! What a GREAT utility you created - I use it all the time. Thank you, and very well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: