Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about if theres a way to transpose audio tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Question about if theres a way to transpose audio tracks Reply with quote

As we know, its easy to just move up the pitch or down in increments for midi tracks. but what about for audio tracks? im guessing not but by some miracle is there a way? thanx
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there might be some way to re-sample it with a different pitch - but not in SEQ mode.

I use audacity for slight change in pitch or key.
PCFREE
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Unfortunately, I no longer have a Kronos but to answer your question....

You can resample it, convert it to a program and insert it into a midi track in the sequencer then transpose it as you would with a MIDI track

....as we forgive those who synthesize against us!!
wocongming

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject: PC Reply with quote

can you PLEASE explain how to do that exactly..?....resample, put it in program mode etc? thanx
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about if theres a way to transpose audio tracks Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
As we know, its easy to just move up the pitch or down in increments for midi tracks. but what about for audio tracks? im guessing not but by some miracle is there a way? thanx

Not much you can do with a Kronos.
There are special features in most modern DAWs that allow you to convert audio track pich few semitones - the trick is to change pitch of pitched sounds without changing overall tempo and not chenging pitch of non-pitched sounds (vocal artifacts, drums etc). Several special software solutions accomplish that with variuos fidelity, usually still quite poorly. Some keyboards have this feature as well - like Korg Pa4X Pro that allows change the pitch of playback of MP3 files, does not sound good in most cases. I do this conversion sometimes with Ableton DAW and +/-1 semitones it can be bearable... And of course - depending what kind of audio track you want to convert - if this is one voice single instrument - generally good (however should be easier to transpose MIDI and re-record). If this is single vocal track - special audio software such as Melodyne can do almost perfect job in reasonable limits. If this is complex track (mix with many sounds/instruments/vocal etc) - rather questionable if professional result is in mind.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about if theres a way to transpose audio tracks Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:

While I know the Kronos has a lot of capabilities, this is the sort of thing I typically do in a DAW. Most have the ability to pitch shift audio, but for the most part unless you're only moving a small amount it can sound pretty strange and unnatural.

Auto Tune types of plugins are available built into a lot of DAWs these days, I know Cubase has one built in. It's easy enough to correct out of tune parts (monophonic lines, that is), and while you can shift up a note or two, beyond that it starts sounding like a squirrel on helium.
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option would be to get a Tascam GB-10, and route the output into the Kronos inputs to resample. The GB-10 allows you to shift keys without affecting the tempo.

I use one for practice sometimes, if we need to shift the key on a new song, and it also allows you to slow the song down without affecting the key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: