Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style edit save parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Style edit save parts Reply with quote

Creating a style - I created a style and saved it. In the style play mode, I changed a couple style part instruments. I saved the the settings of current style. But when I later went to edit this style, it was not changed.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Style edit save parts Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
Creating a style - I created a style and saved it. In the style play mode, I changed a couple style part instruments. I saved the the settings of current style. But when I later went to edit this style, it was not changed.

That's not surprising because creating a style in record mode will save the sound (pcgs) of your parts intstruments as "Original Style Sound".

In style play mode changing sounds of style parts instruments will not save that sounds as "Original Style Sounds" but as "Style Performance Sounds".

Now if you saved your Style Performance with marked "Original Style Sounds" - you get original style sounds that play as created in record mode.

But if you saved Style Performance with unmarked "Original Style Sounds" you get that style sounds you used and saved with your Style Performance in StylePlay Mode.

But style still contains its OriginalStyleSounds, so in case you mark "Original Style Sounds" again or try to edit again in record mode these sounds will remain.
To use marking/unmarking allows to play same style elements with different style track sounds of "Original Style Settings" or of a "Style Performance Setting"!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Style edit save parts Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
...In the style play, mode I changed a couple style part instruments. I saved the the settings of current style. But when I later went to edit this style, it was not changed.
You need to do the same thing but in the Style Record mode and save it.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Style edit save parts Reply with quote

BR wrote:
.. You need to do the same thing but in the Style Record mode and save it.

That is right - but the advantage of a Style to be used with multiple StylePerformances with different track sounds is lost if you change the OriginalStyleSounds in RecordMode.

Another benefit of using StylePerformances: if you have several different StylePerformances for a Style, it is also relatively easy to only change the sequencer data of OriginalStyles elements in RecordMode. All each other StylePerformances of that Style automatically are following that changed sequencer data and need not to be changed separately.

That is because multiple StylePerformances can be used with the sequences of StyleElements of the same single Style saved in RecordMode.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: