Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the SD90/SD9 ketron compared to PA4x is another one. Where does it end?
I am doing a steady gig with the Roland FR4x vaccordion, Always Looking for compactness. I have the Roland bk-7m which is great for dining indoors...when I do the outdoor Biergarten, go with the gutsy PA3x. Both right now do the job...pa1000 stays at home for practice setting up new styles for PA3x, with PaManager can be done very efficiently. I have all the latest Pa4x styles on PA3x, like a new keyboard...

Think software upgrades is something of the future. Guitarist got all the effects they need going through iPad apps. Look at all the keyBoard apps too!
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion PA700 and PA1000 may get a "NeXT" os only after the pa4x replacement hits the market cause right now if they give lets say 1Gb ram to PA700 and 2Gb ram to PA1000 they are almost destroying the PA4X sales as anyway most users hit the max samples allowed before the 3Gb limit (some of them even closer to 1Gb as i have seen a set at 1.15Gb being full of samples).
PA700 and PA1000 already have some things that are not there on PA4X.One of them i really miss on my PA4X is the guitar input so i mostly use my PA700...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
pa600fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the pa1000 did not get replaced this september...perhaps next september when it is 4 years old
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa600fan wrote:
So the pa1000 did not get replaced this september...perhaps next september when it is 4 years old

You also must keep in mind that even though the PA1000 was released around the same time as the PA700 (September 2017), it really was not available until much later.

I do not think that a 4-5 year cycle for an arranger is a big deal. If you also consider that when you bought the arranger (whichever one), it had the features you needed then...

I am still happy with my PA700 and i bought mine in September 2017. It still does everything I wanted it to do, and more...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Keymn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much going on with hardware/software that can be used with any model keyboard.
Airturn bt200s and Irig BlueBoard pedals with Bluetooth built in. The Newly introduced “widi master“, wireless midi is a hot new item. Wow only $60 for a small module and no need for pc or pad to connect. I paid 3 years back $450 for midi jet which is a great product too but less compact.
I found the Korg PaManager helped me advance my PA3x to a new level having all the Latest styles converted from Pa4x/pa700/Pa1000. Something that could not be done a couple years back.
“Beat Buddy” drum pedal. The loops you can create and save as midi and then use them on the pa model is incredible to help create your own styles. As a style creator, the drums is a key to getting a good start on a style.
I am working with Microsoft Excel in looking on style lists and finding duplicates.
Our iPad connections too can open up a new world of sounds and control of our arrangers.
So let us focus on more what we can do with what we have and less on saving our bucks for an new arranger.
Time to innovate and when your discover something new on procedures, share it.
Sorry forgetting long winded, but I love, sometimes frustrating, times trying to figure out a new technique. But when good results happen, “priceless”...
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
pa600fan wrote:

You also must keep in mind that even though the PA1000 was released around the same time as the PA700 (September 2017), it really was not available until much later.

I do not think that a 4-5 year cycle for an arranger is a big deal. If you also consider that when you bought the arranger (whichever one), it had the features you needed then...

I am still happy with my PA700 and i bought mine in September 2017. It still does everything I wanted it to do, and more...

Grace,
Harry

To my mind with the release date of September 2017 for the Pa1000/ PA700 then you won't get an update or any release of a new PA1050/ PA750 before September 2021( or whatever they want to call it.

But, they might annouince something in time for NAMM2021 early ext year for the big brother PA4X either an update Ver 4.0 or PA5X; so look out for that. Any time sooner that that would be too soon and a waste of timing for Korg. As they just announce Nautilus, Krome Ex Copper, opsix; not to mention lots of Software synthesizers. So i think they are doing a lot at Korg still , so people need to stop being selfish and thinking "what about me"!

Just be patient and we will be rewarded just around the corner guys and girls Smile

tassiespirit
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
Biggles wrote:
There is one very good reason why Korg needs to update both the 1000 and the 700.

The reason has nothing to do with any defects or shortcomings in any PA model.

That reason is Yamaha.

They have much newer models in the SX 900 and 700 not to mention the Genos.

They also have just released the SX600 and what do Korg have in this section of the market, an ancient Pa 600.

Now who are going to buy a Yamaha instead of a Korg?

The answer is simple, the Army of Arranger users who take a look at the age of the available models see that both the 700 and 1000 were announced mid 2017 and hence they see models getting old.

Like it or not an Arranger is for the home user or a one man/woman artist yet even then they are limited.

I think that I disagree...

I did not know about the PSR-SX600 until you mentioned it, so I researched it at Yamaha's website and other places.

I do not think that Korg has anything to worry about when comparing it to the PA700/PA1000. The XS600 is more like an updated PSR-S670 but with a color screen and a few features ported down from the SX700/SX900.

What it should prompt Korg to do though, is to come out with a PA400 so they can directly compete with the SX600. The PA700 clearly outclasses the new Yamaha PSR-SX600.

Korg should adopt the Accent and Unison features though, as I could see those really getting use with a lot of users Smile

Grace,
Harry

Like it or not Harry but Yamaha are the market leaders in the Arranger sector.

With a variety of Arrangers from about $100 to $6000 they have about 15 different models for a buyer to choose from.

My local shop has an EK50, a 700, a 1000 and a 4X on display versus about 12 Yamaha Arrangers, a newbie or someone walks in to the shop for an upgrade and Yamaha gets the big push. Even though the Sales guys play 4X’s of their own the SX and Genos gets preferential treatment over a Korg PA.

Elsewhere on other forums, suggest a Korg and the response is, I have only ever had a Yamaha. Then they now add but the SX is a hew model compared to the Korgs, why should I buy an old model?

Don’t get me wrong, I am no fan of Yamaha Arrangers, I would never buy one but the one thing that Yamaha does far better than Korg is marketing their products.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
Biggles wrote:
There is one very good reason why Korg needs to update both the 1000 and the 700.

That reason is Yamaha.

They also have just released the SX600 and what do Korg have in this section of the market, an ancient Pa 600.

The answer is simple, the Army of Arranger users who take a look at the age of the available models see that both the 700 and 1000 were announced mid 2017 and hence they see models getting old.

Like it or not an Arranger is for the home user or a one man/woman artist yet even then they are limited.

I did not know about the PSR-SX600 until you mentioned it, so I researched it at Yamaha's website and other places.

I do not think that Korg has anything to worry about when comparing it to the PA700/PA1000. The XS600 is more like an updated PSR-S670 but with a color screen and a few features ported down from the SX700/SX900.

What it should prompt Korg to do though, is to come out with a PA400 so they can directly compete with the SX600. The PA700 clearly outclasses the new Yamaha PSR-SX600.

Korg should adopt the Accent and Unison features though, as I could see those really getting use with a lot of users Smile

Grace,
Harry

With a variety of Arrangers from about $100 to $6000 they have about 15 different models for a buyer to choose from.

My local shop has an EK50, a 700, a 1000 and a 4X on display versus about 12 Yamaha Arrangers, a newbie or someone walks in to the shop for an upgrade and Yamaha gets the big push. Even though the Sales guys play 4X’s of their own the SX and Genos gets preferential treatment over a Korg PA.

Elsewhere on other forums, suggest a Korg and the response is, I have only ever had a Yamaha. Then they now add but the SX is a hew model compared to the Korgs, why should I buy an old model?

Don’t get me wrong, I am no fan of Yamaha Arrangers, I would never buy one but the one thing that Yamaha does far better than Korg is marketing their products.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: "Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ...." Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
.. Some users are never going to be happy with whatever Korg releases.. ..

Why we should? That simply is to justify with the fact, that basic versions of the previous models were equipped with more extensive functions than the last released, current mid-range models.
Who knows the functions of a previous model cannot be satisfied with current models that lack essential functions we already hat with known previous models.
Musicwithharry wrote:
.. Korg really raised the bar with these units and they really are the best out there .. ..

No - it is the opposite, Korg really did not raise the bar because with missing functions and again with missing updates overdue for years!
tassiespirit wrote:
.. for the Pa1000/ PA700 then you won't get an update or any release of a new PA1050/ PA750 before September 2021 ..

To get an update would make sense, if the missing functions were delivered with it.
But a new Pa1050 / 750 is pointless, when presenting of some eye-catchers should prevent to notice, that again some essential arranger functions have been left and are missing.
Biggles wrote:
.. Yamaha are the market leaders in the Arranger sector ... does far better than Korg is marketing their products ..

Not Yamaha or Korg - an arranger keyboard should be equipped with the functions required for making music as the user imagines. Korg and Yamaha both have good arranger keyboards, but it doesn't matter who is the market leader and who is better at marketing their products. At Korg, a retrograde product development can be observed with regard to arranger functionality, which manifests itself in the impoverishment of the variety of arranger functions. Therefore title of the thread is "Korg PA1000 “NEXT” update ...."
Keymn wrote:
.. let us focus on more what we can do with what we have and less on saving our bucks for an new arranger ..

But it is important - and "Korg PA1000 NEXT update" is also a place for it - to keep reminding Korg of its failure to act in terms of product maintenance and customer satisfaction - at the moment for Pa1000-user it has not done this for a long time!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
Biggles wrote:

That reason is Yamaha.

Grace,
Harry

I am not arguing against Yamaha. They do have a bigger selection of arrangers, for sure. They can saturate the market and their name alone will garner more buyers.

I do not see that Korg is really doing anything wrong in their offerings, and I guess there would be a couple of offerings to fill the gaps.

First, they need a more entry-level unit; something alone the lines of another PA300. The PA600 is based on the old tech and the PA700 is the replacement for that unit. I do not believe that they actually make it anymore, and stores are simply pushing them to get rid of existing stock.

They also need an 88-key model that is truly a 'PA Series' offering. The XE20 is NOT that model. The XE20 is basically an EK50 with the B2 piano sounds in it. It is a hybrid model, in my opinion, and lacks the true functionality of the PA Series. Something alone the line of a Pa788 or some thing would be neat and something that I would be very on board with.

Other than that, they have their offerings presented well.

I think that arrangers are a different kind of an instrument compared to synths (which is very obvious and I am almost sorry I typed something so obvious). The life of arrangers seems to be longer than that of a synth. What Korg could do is allow for easier upgrades to the hardware to keep it relevant. I am not what I would change on the PA700, personally (except for more Insert EFX), as it does exactly what I need it to do. Maybe they could allow for more user memory to be upgraded so we could add more samples. Maybe they could release more styles for it and increase the User banks, but overall, the PA700 works for me better now than when I initially bought it in 2017. During my COVID downtime, I have been programming sequences like mad, and have made over 300 MIDI sequences of cover tunes AND original works to play live when the market opens back up after COVID. Who knows? Maybe I will have 500 or more by the time that happens.

Roland is, in my opinion, a non-player in the arranger game. They really do not have anything that I would even consider when comparing to Yamaha or even Korg. That leaves it all up to Yamaha and Korg and I believe that no one will unseat Yamaha from their #1 position in the number of models they have. Maybe that is ok.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Korg should have a 100, 300, 500, 700 then the 1000 plus a 2000 (updated 4X)

The 100 to 700 should be exactly the same body, keybed and electronics with the differences being ones of inclusions within the OS.

So the higher the number the more sounds and styles and advanced features.

This way there would be a product model progression and the lower cost 100 would be the entry model to compete wth the Yamaha PSR E460 series.

Korg are painfully slow at releasing updated OS, I bought a Kross 2 when they were first released and they went on to release a revised model, indicating that the sounds included within the revised model would be available fir the earlier models.

It took 18 months for that update to be released.
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
IMO Korg should have a 100, 300, 500, 700 then the 1000 plus a 2000 (updated 4X)

The 100 to 700 should be exactly the same body, keybed and electronics with the differences being ones of inclusions within the OS.

This way there would be a product model progression and the lower cost 100 would be the entry model to compete with the Yamaha PSR E460 series.

Korg are painfully slow at releasing updated OS, I bought a Kross 2 when they were first released and they went on to release a revised model, indicating that the sounds included within the revised model would be available fir the earlier models.

Very interesting analogy with Yamaha and Korg.
Except in a couple issues :-
1. The new SX700 and SX900 are not so backward compatible with their styles I have been told, where Korg is.
2. Korg is a more professional instrument and is designed for the more professional player who wants to edit their sounds and playlists etc to perfection ( or close to it).
3. Yamaha is a Home player marketed keyboard and always has been, so of course they get into those, schools and the older arranger groups. It is called market saturation !
4. Korg could do an update "NEXT" on the PA1000 and it would fit very well pushing it to the next level for the middle range professional payer - I would love that myself.
5. Why would Korg really need a 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 etc boards anyway, as they would not sell any more than they would now. The way younger people play their music is changing and unless you change the keyboards you are just doing the same as Yamaha.
6. Korg already has the lower end covered with the Korg EK-50 Limitless Entertainer "popular and approachable bread-and-butter keyboard with automatic accompaniment, is now available in a specialized model. It's equipped with high-volume speakers that can meet the needs of performing in a café or a small event on its own, without relying on a PA system."

Let KORG give us quality and not just quantity!
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This below is an older video, but it shows the mentality of Yamaha for their cheap keyboards compared to Korgs keyboard. Even the top of the arranger Casio 'boards compared here ( costing more than Korg) does not walks all over the Korg keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRaDX82ICKQ
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tassiespirit wrote:
Biggles wrote:

This way there would be a product model progression and the lower cost 100 would be the entry model to compete with the Yamaha PSR E460 series.

Very interesting analogy with Yamaha and Korg.
Except in a couple issues :-
1. The new SX700 and SX900 are not so backward compatible with their styles I have been told, where Korg is.
2. Korg is a more professional instrument and is designed for the more professional player who wants to edit their sounds and playlists etc to perfection ( or close to it).
3. Yamaha is a Home player marketed keyboard and always has been, so of course they get into those, schools and the older arranger groups. It is called market saturation !
4. Korg could do an update "NEXT" on the PA1000 and it would fit very well pushing it to the next level for the middle range professional payer - I would love that myself.
5. Why would Korg really need a 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 etc boards anyway, as they would not sell any more than they would now. The way younger people play their music is changing and unless you change the keyboards you are just doing the same as Yamaha.
6. Korg already has the lower end covered with the Korg EK-50 Limitless Entertainer "popular and approachable bread-and-butter keyboard with automatic accompaniment, is now available in a specialized model. It's equipped with high-volume speakers that can meet the needs of performing in a café or a small event on its own, without relying on a PA system."

Let KORG give us quality and not just quantity!

Let us take a look at the arrangers that Korg have currently available:

EK-50

EK-50 Limitless - (has extra sounds and a few more styles over the EK-50).

XE-20 - 88-key EK-50 Limitless (that also has piano sounds from the B2)

I3 - basically an EK-50 Limitless with a different layout. Korg also call this a workstation with arranger features.

PA300 - are they still even making this? Their website still shows it as available.

PA600 - are they still even making this? Their website still shows it as available.

PA700 - currently available (this includes the variants).

PA1000 - currently available (this includes the variants).

PA4X - currently available (this includes the variants).

If we add these up, we get 9 different arrangers available. If we were to separate the Oriental versions and the 76-key PA4X models, we have 14 of them available to the public. That is not too bad. I would say that Korg is doing fine.

Grace,
Harry
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Pa1000 next update Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
... What’s going on in Korg ? Is there all developers alive ? If those are alive , why we , PA1000 owners , have not yet “NEXT” update for our keyboards ?
Hey in Korg , wake up !!!

He Lika,
I am sorry about most members here like to talk about anything else but they would n't give a s**t whether you can expect the necessary update for a Pa1000 from Korg.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: