Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new Pa5x ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: new Pa5x ?? Reply with quote

if you did not see this before...

Here we go again another new Pa5x.. I love the screen size on it and if it weighs less I'll buy one..

if it only would be true we will have to wait and see..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCk8nkPO_n4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA5hGO4yFIs
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey duby
Probably due to COVID19 - people with too much time to spare.
One says PA5X, the other says PA W2021

Personally, I am not wanting a new model and even if it was released tomorrow, I would not consider it for at least 18 months.

We have always had these unofficial "artists impressions" of the future - none have ever been accurate so far.

We have always had our "WISH-LISTS" forum topic so maybe we should have another for images - "Draw your dream PA here" Wink

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hey duby
Probably due to COVID19 - people with too much time to spare.
One says PA5X, the other says PA W2021

Personally, I am not wanting a new model and even if it was released tomorrow, I would not consider it for at least 18 months.

We have always had these unofficial "artists impressions" of the future - none have ever been accurate so far.

We have always had our "WISH-LISTS" forum topic so maybe we should have another for images - "Draw your dream PA here" Wink

Take care

Pete Very Happy

Doesn’t matter..

These are clearly 3D created images by one and the same person..
There is no relation to reality
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: time Reply with quote

Pete and Bachus

Your so right ,to much time to spare , just fun to look at.
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon it is time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one will not be spending £2500 of my retirement cash on a old PA4X no matter how often they update the OS.

I will wait for a new model and meanwhile I will just play my DP.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us getting any younger, LOL

Me, I think the whole Covid thing, the way the economy especially for musicians has gone (and is likely to keep going) I have my doubts we got anything new coming any time soon. Not a lot of upside making an expensive new TOTL arranger for a broke industry!

How long you willing to wait? 🤔
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not a lot of upside making an expensive new TOTL arranger for a broke industry!

Absolutely!!! Wouldn't be too smart to expect high sales from this (or any TOTL gear) right now.

Personally, I am not "waiting" at all. If this was the last PA (which I doubt) I would be just staying with it.
Apart from still learning it, plus my Kronos, and Logic Pro, I have more than enough to keep me quiet for years.
I realise that we are all different when it comes to music gear, so I am just saying how it is with me.

Naturally, if Korg announce a new model I will definitely consider it but will not jump in quickly.

What I am considering and reviewing right now is the Korg Wavestate but this is a top secret between you and me Wink

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the ratio for sales are between Pro/Semi Pro and home user's are for PA4x ?... And what percentage of sales PA4x holds for Korg overall as a keyboard (all categories)...and again the percentage of sales for Korg but this time just the arranger category?.......
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, we can expect some information at the beginning of Semptember, as it was with pa4x (5 years ago)
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for over 5 weeks this was in the net, I sended this as PM to some of you, Including KARMA/Pete Wink

I dont think this is PA5X.
Smart done but big fake to me.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
ikspeel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

September it is time
5 year Almost 2000 days

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Please korg give us a small ,hint,pic, vid, Shocked Shocked Shocked
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Another new Arranger Keyboard Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
.. Personally, I am not "waiting" at all. If this was the last PA (which I doubt) I would be just staying with it. ..

This also applies to me - I don't buy a new keyboard as an interim solution to bridge the waiting time until the next model!

As a new keyboard, I would choose a model that will probably meet me musical skills and expectations. The motivation for this is by no means the tasteful announcement of the providers, which experience has shown is greatly exaggerated and you notice that at the latest when you have decided too hastily for it.

Shortcomings of a new models are already visible after studying the manuals (also with Korg's). If this turns out to be decisive and negative for personal needs, then there is not to think about it buying a new one or eagerly awaiting the next model.

I rather will wait and see whether the shortcomings of the current model are corrected/updated, so at least would have the familiar functionality from previous models, in order to be able to implement expectations musically.

D575 wrote:
I wonder what the ratio for sales are between Pro/Semi Pro and home user's are for PA4x ?... And what percentage of sales PA4x holds for Korg overall as a keyboard (all categories)...and again the percentage of sales for Korg but this time just the arranger category?.......

I don't see any advantage to know sales statistics separated by pro / amateur. Much more important for consumer / user is the ability to adapt the keyboard to personal requirements and as usual one will play in a personal manner.

Even these are very different properties within the Pro / Amateur groups, so I think that a keyboard cannot be classified reliably as more suitable for Pro / Amateur (delimitations overlap).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Another new Arranger Keyboard Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

I don't see any advantage to know sales statistics separated by pro / amateur. Much more important for consumer / user is the ability to adapt the keyboard to personal requirements and as usual one will play in a personal manner.

Even these are very different properties within the Pro / Amateur groups, so I think that a keyboard cannot be classified reliably as more suitable for Pro / Amateur (delimitations overlap).[/quote]

To the first of my questions you give a valid point if only formed from not understanding my reason for this question which is ok... but as I have not given any reason this would put you at a disadvantage if you try to assume my logic and intent behind that question...this may come later depending on the information that might come from my questions... In the meantime as happy and settled with PA4x as I am it will be interesting to see what comes after the PA4x. Smile
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Korg do not update not just the 4X but also the 1000 and 700 they will loose out in even more sales.

Yamaha will get even more people buying their Arrangers instead.

Already over on other forums people are saying that they will buy an SX because they are newer models than the Korgs.

It does not matter that the Genos is considerably more expensive that the 4X as the people buying these have plenty of disposable income. According to my local store these people are like me retired old folks who are not interested in gigging, we just enjoy playing at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: