Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer recording autmation with vector joystick issues.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Sequencer recording autmation with vector joystick issues. Reply with quote

Hello my friends,

I have a question about recording automation with the vector joystick I hope some of you guru's can help with. I have my sequenced song and my automation is set to record. I recorded my movement with the joystick using a patch that also requires the Sw1 button to be lit.

So I have set my desired preferences and recorded my automation to the track in my sequencer and it works out rather lovely. Lets call that track 1.

So I go to my next track well call it track 2 and begin recording my next instrument. Which is also using the same synth engine (if that helps). On a fresh track recording a fresh sound and it's out of tune because it's responding to the automation that I set on track 1. My Sw1 button lights up just as it did for the automation recorded on track 1 and now track 2 is also effected by this.

So basically I'm seeing that my automation I set for a specific track is not limited to that specific track but globally for all recorded instruments using that same synth engine???

I question this because none of my other sounds such as my samples or synths using other engines are affected by the automation I recorded on the previous track.

I find that when I also go in to turn off the lit SW1 button right before the recording I want to input on the new track (track 2) the entire recording on the original track (track 1) is now out of whack as though the SW1 button and its automation had been turned off for the entire recording of (track 1) also throwing it out of tune.

So my question to you Masters of Kronos here is what am I screwing up and doing wrong when trying to lock a specific automation setting to a specific track and record a new automation setting on a new completely different track? Is this a flaw of the Goddess Kronos or simply user error of a mere mortal trying to play it such as myself? Also could it be a setting I'm forgetting to apply in global or something???

Please help a desperate Kronos user I'm at my wits end.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it will be absolutely useless, but I was you, I will try this (just to see if it works)

First I would copy the entire track 1 (with its automation datas also) to another empty track place, say (as an exemple) track 16.

Then I would erase the track 1 and I would start by recording first the track 2,
(with automation too)

Then I would recording a new track 1 but this time without any automation.
And at last : I would copy the automation data from the track 16 to the track 1 (in overdub mode).

I will try tomorrow all the process you did to see where it is going weird.

Goodnight !

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello KronoSphere

Thanks for the work around. I still haven't had much luck. I sent an inquiry to Korg about it. I'm currently placing bets on which year they might respond if at all. I'm guessing perhaps sometime around 2031 so they can tell me they JUST discontinued the Kronos and all customer support for it along with a memo on how to restart my Kronos by turning the power off and back on to resolve it. Laughing
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the vector that much. I use some automation with volume.

However, I wouldn't work automation and or/vector 1 track at a time.

Lets say you wrap up a 16 midi track song in the SEQ.

I think you can 'over dub' particular tracks for volume adjustments and vector as part of mastering or finishing your final track.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello GregC,

Well the thing is that I only have the Vector set up on one track to manipulate the patch. The vector joystick can change the sound of the patch drastically or entirely. Like the track I'm using it on is modulating the synth into a vibrato like effect. It's very cool but I need the joystick in order to get that specific sound out of the patch.

It's only the 1 track that has it set up but it's some how globally effecting other tracks using the same synth engine. It's just a strange thing but I'm starting to realize not many people or at least from what I see online fumble with the Kronos vector stick. It's a nice feature of the Kronos but I think I've found its drawback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: