Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning a chord to a note in a combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilroy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Assigning a chord to a note in a combi Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to Assign a chord to a note in a combi. The practical application is that I am playing single piano notes down low, and when I hit a note, I wanted to play a pad chord a couple octaves higher. I know how to assign a pad sound to the same note but I can’t figure out how to play pad chords instead of the same single note. I searched through the parameter guide and most of the references seem to be in regards to assigning chords to the pads. But that’s not what I want to do. Do I need to build a special pad sound that only plays chords? Or something else?

Do any of your clever folks know how to do that? Thanks in advance for any solutions!
Kilroy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a lead on p. 470 of the op manual. Of course whether or not I can get it to work is a different story. Any tips still appreciated!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way this can be done is described on page 39 of the Operation Guide, in the section entitled "Using the Chord Pads".

Basically, go to Global P2 Controllers page and set the desired MIDI note values for triggering Chord Pads 1-8. There is a caveat, in that assigning notes in this way dedicates them to triggering the pads. It might be easier to use something like the Korg nanoPAD2 to trigger the chords, leaving the full keyboard available for normal play. The actual notes played by the Chord Pads, and their relative velocities, can be set on a per Program and per Combi basis on the relevant menu pages e.g. for Combis on the EQ / Vector / Control section, Pads tab.
Kilroy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean that if I set it in global, that note can only play that chord no matter what combi or prog I am in?

voip wrote:
The way this can be done is described on page 39 of the Operation Guide, in the section entitled "Using the Chord Pads".

Basically, go to Global P2 Controllers page and set the desired MIDI note values for triggering Chord Pads 1-8. There is a caveat, in that assigning notes in this way dedicates them to triggering the pads. It might be easier to use something like the Korg nanoPAD2 to trigger the chords, leaving the full keyboard available for normal play. The actual notes played by the Chord Pads, and their relative velocities, can be set on a per Program and per Combi basis on the relevant menu pages e.g. for Combis on the EQ / Vector / Control section, Pads tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: