Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Submit your Kronos Serial Number over at Karma-Lab
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Please Submit your Kronos Serial Number over at Karma-Lab Reply with quote

Comrad_Durandal wrote:

Actually, I'd have to say the highest K88 serial number of 3764, as that is my serial number.

trstack wrote:
I just got my Kronos 88, serial number 3790.
No keybed issues!

I would encourage everyone to submit their Kronos Serial Numbers over at Karma Lab so these numbers can give a more accurate representation of how many keyboards have been manufactured. Thanks.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18110

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Please Submit your Kronos Serial Number over at Karma-La Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
Comrad_Durandal wrote:

Actually, I'd have to say the highest K88 serial number of 3764, as that is my serial number.

trstack wrote:
I just got my Kronos 88, serial number 3790.
No keybed issues!

I would encourage everyone to submit their Kronos Serial Numbers over at Karma Lab so these numbers can give a more accurate representation of how many keyboards have been manufactured. Thanks.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18110

Jeez, that would mean I need to actually update that whole list and posting (which I've been meaning to do...). Face palm

Still, it would be a good thing to know...

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those of you who have recently joined Karma-Lab and posted your serial numbers.

My apologies for not keeping up with that thread, but I do the best I can. I'd love to write each of you a personal welcome message, as I sometimes have done in the past, but time is too tight right now.

Suffice it to say that I have made it up to this point, and reflected all reported serial numbers into THE LIST. It's up to date as of today.

And what do we know?

That the highest reported 61 belongs to Don Gothard, with serial 7131.

The highest reported 73 belongs to crazydutch, with serial 2417.

And the highest reported 88 belongs to trstack, with serial 3790.

So we know that at least 13,338 Kronos have been manufactured and sold.

If you would like to be part of this, please do not post your serial numbers in this thread, I will not monitor it. Do it at Karma-Lab, thanks. Wink

1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey stephen, just want you to know that i've not been able to access karma lab using my existing ID (1jordyzzz)... it shows a "trouble ticket" page... dunno anything about it..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you Stephen for this endeavor. I guess it would be a waste to input my serial # as it is a 61, #19xx. Smile Smile
Chriskk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

13,338 units have been manufactured, but not sold due to returns and units yet to be sold. But the number isn't bad at all.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

And what do we know?

That the highest reported 61 belongs to Don Gothard, with serial 7131.

The highest reported 73 belongs to crazydutch, with serial 2417.

And the highest reported 88 belongs to trstack, with serial 3790.

I'm not really sure that we know all that much. For example, I recently had a new Kronos-73 in the studio, for evaluation. The s/n was 3448. I think it's clear that the figures reported above, are not indicative of much, in terms of drawing conclusions.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melodialworks Music wrote:
I'm not really sure that we know all that much. For example, I recently had a new Kronos-73 in the studio, for evaluation. The s/n was 3448. I think it's clear that the figures reported above, are not indicative of much, in terms of drawing conclusions.

Sure, there are likely higher numbers out there, but it does show a minimum, for those who like to know such things. I've seen people write in posts that only a few thousand have been sold, while others think outlandishly higher numbers. It's good to have a ball-park figure based on real numbers.

Me? I know exactly how many have been sold. I get royalty reports. But I can't reveal that number as such, because that would be confidential sales information. However, nothing prevents someone from asking users in the field what their publicly available serial number is and keeping tabs on the highest ones reported. Smile

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly 15000 Kronoi sold after about one year is a great success for an expensive flagship synth nowadys, during weak economic times. With enough ongoing support, OS updates and sound libraries, as we have already seen plenty, these numbers can still grow significantlky over the next years.

And after what I read from your comment, Stephen, these total numers don't seem far from the truth: else your comment would probably have included some warning concerning interpretation. Wink

I can't add much information with a serial no. of 72 on my Kronos 73. Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chriskk wrote:
Quote:

13,338 units have been manufactured, but not sold due to returns and units yet to be sold. But the number isn't bad at all.

I was guessing about 10,000 to 11,000 sold in an earlier post.

Even if the actual figure is 12,000 or close to 13,000, that is an impressive accomplishment given that the Kronos has only been actually shipping for 11-12 months.

I was reading a post at musicplayer some time ago about the overall workstation ' market'. There were some estimated #'s of the size of that market.

I would guess that Korg is gaining market share ( think of it as a bigger slice of a pie) with the Kronos , thus taking sales away from competitors.
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we roughly state that about 14,000 units sold at $3500each...
thats $49,000,000.00. Is that right? 49 million bucks? In 12 Months?? Nah, i must of miss calculated...

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
So if we roughly state that about 14,000 units sold at $3500each...
thats $49,000,000.00. Is that right? 49 million bucks? In 12 Months?? Nah, i must of miss calculated...

Billy

I would guess that the US contributes about 2/3 or 66% of worldwide sales.

With that in mind, I would roughly estimate with US pricing on 13,000 units.

6500 at $2500
6500 at $3000

$35,750,000 is the rough gross sales estimate. Then subtract a chunk ( 15% or more) for the dealer cut.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Second Kronos in serr# 0007*** sold-USA Reply with quote

I got a Kronos finally and it's the 2nd 61 in the 7000 serr# series listed on KARMA Labs. (#0007030) Came with OS ver 1.5.2. Went with the 61 to kept weight and size down since I'm getting a VAX77 controller next and have a 88 key Fatar 2001 midi controller already.

BTW the cases listed on Korg Forum DO NOT FIT a Kronos....need to find that post I took with me for the model and correct it. Ordered the SKB case mentioned but no way is it tall enough to handle the knobs on the Kronos! The Kronos knobs are 5 1/4 inch in height (higher than the Kronos case height) and you need at least 3/4 in foam above and below the Kronos so that makes the minimum INSIDE height @ 6 3/4 in. so we are looking at a case that needs to be over 7in in height.

My hard shell Calzone M1 case has 1.5 foam thickness above the M1 (joy stick indents top foam about 1/3in without removing some foam over it) and 7/8in foam thickness below it and on the side and f/rear. However the sides need to be 2 in with 1/2 in denser Ethel foam added because if dropped on an end the area per sq inch in weight is far greater with far more penetration. A keyboard case needs the most padding on the sides just like the shipping box it came in.

A Kronos case INSIDE needs to be 6.5-6.75 in H x 16.25 in W x 45 in L MINIMUM. 7.25 H x 16.75 x 45.50in is the minimum OUTSIDE size of a proper case for protecting the Kronos not counting handles, wheels (that use up inside space as well as add outside L) and latches with any corner protection pieces used that add size.

The nice light weight sealed SKB plastic tech cases (that have some flex in the center to allow for) do not fit the Kronos and I tried 3 cases that were all too short in height for it. I'd have made the controls 1/2 in shorter in height for this reason and tried to keep them no higher than the back of the Kronos case as they make for poor support of its weight. If held in place by foam the shifting of the Kronos inside the case would likely damage the knobs so foam must not make contact with them. If you can throw a VAX in it's case off a ledge into a parking lot you should be able to do the same to a Kronos as long as its yours testing the case for us;-)

Proper protection requires the proper amount of space and the Kronos is much taller than most keyboards to start with so generic cases come up short just like their inside hosts do. The Kronos is a monster...... Reading The Manual

Edit: Model Kronos (X) Serr# is 100411 and Public ID# is cc-78-c4-23-17-cc-65-50

John^^

Last edited by John Hendry on Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Phabius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stephen!

I've just submitted my SN, two after yours on the line, hehe.
It seems I'm the only Brazilian on the list till now, but there are lots of Kronos units here already.

Greetings
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steven for maintaining the numbers.

I didn't know there were so many users of the Kronos already.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: