Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong?**SOLVED**

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredL61

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong?**SOLVED** Reply with quote

I accidentally deleted the factory 00 setlist, so I went into Disk and tapped Factory>open >Preload>setlists>load and OK
They came back, but now if I use "drum" in the Karma section it plays oddball Drum kits and random notes instead of a normal kit with extras. How can I get back appropriate drum kits to the factory set-list preloads? they used to work fine, but now it is all wacky weird tuned chimes etc and I don't see where to restore the original pairings of drum to preload. Thanks for any help in advance!

Last edited by FredL61 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess, but go to Global mode, P0 Basic Setup, and confirm that under "Load KARMA settings when changing" that you have selected both ✓ Program and ✓ Combination.
FredL61

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Just a guess, but go to Global mode, P0 Basic Setup, and confirm that under "Load KARMA settings when changing" that you have selected both ✓ Program and ✓ Combination.

Thanks! I'll check that! ***Edit*** I checked they are both checked.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong? Reply with quote

FredL61 wrote:
I accidentally deleted the factory 00 setlist, so I went into Disk and tapped Factory>open >Preload>setlists>load and OK
They came back, but now if I use "drum" in the Karma section it plays oddball Drum kits and random notes instead of a normal kit with extras. How can I get back appropriate drum kits to the factory set-list preloads? they used to work fine, but now it is all wacky weird tuned chimes etc and I don't see where to restore the original pairings of drum to preload. Thanks for any help in advance!

On itself, Setlist doesn't modify Programs. But we can use the Edit Program/Combi command on Page Menu. So if you used a modified Drum Kit based Program from your initial Setlist, without "Write" it, when you've reloaded the Setlist, it would use the initial Drum prog and won't take what you did into account.

So the question is : did you use an orignal Drum Kit Program or a modified one ?
FredL61

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong? Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
FredL61 wrote:

On itself, Setlist doesn't modify Programs. But we can use the Edit Program/Combi command on Page Menu. So if you used a modified Drum Kit based Program from your initial Setlist, without "Write" it, when you've reloaded the Setlist, it would use the initial Drum prog and won't take what you did into account.

So the question is : did you use an orignal Drum Kit Program or a modified one ?

I'm not sure I understand how I would I would have used a "modified drum kit based program" when I reloaded the preload setlist. Every instrument was the same piano after I accidentally deleted the 00 setlist, and I don't remember loading any drum kits at all, not intentionally anyway. just loaded the setlist.
Is there a way to put everything back to "out of the box" that doesn't require CDs?, I don't have them.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong? Reply with quote

FredL61 wrote:
Is there a way to put everything back to "out of the box" that doesn't require CDs?, I don't have them.

Yes, just load the PRELOAD.PCG file in the FACTORY folder on your SSD.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, The drum kits got moved around with the Version 3 update, so it might have something to do with that. What version OS are you running? You can download the latest OS at this link. You don't need any CD's to install.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/424/1514/

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
FredL61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: reloaded factory preloads, drum kits wrong?**SOLVED** Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
FredL61 wrote:

Yes, just load the PRELOAD.PCG file in the FACTORY folder on your SSD.

Thank you so much. That did it.
Thanks also to all folks that replied, you've encouraged me to get more comfortable "under the hood"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: