Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reached 15048 Samples
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebwar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any hope? because I have the same problem, my set is around 400Mb but has a round almost close to 15000 MS Crying or Very sad
Blazenko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope too that there will be a OS 4.0 for the PA4X....please Korg team.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that even the brand new Korg Nautilus can only support 15,000 or so samples, I think bumping the sample count is pretty much off the table.

But there’s a different solution... MUCH faster loading times..!

I mean, if you could jack data in and out of memory at close to computer speeds by going with SSD’s and a faster RAM pipe, who actually needs more than 15,000 samples at any one time?! It’s only the need to have samples already loaded because of the glacial load times that makes that limit such a bottleneck.

Maybe we’re asking for the wrong things..? 🤔
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys see on the KORG Pa1 X! Smile Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Rebwar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean by Korg pa1x? Asena
asanz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later music instruments' manufacturers will have to provide cloud services to their customers, where storage and other limitations make no sense anymore. With the high speed internet available today (wired or wireless like the 5G), it's amazing no one has taken such step already. The first manufacturer who does it will stand out from the rest.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebwar wrote:
what do you mean by Korg pa1x? Asena

It has more Sample Nr!
Better sound quality and far better voice harmonys and Voice FX! old as hell, but stil in my heart

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asanz wrote:
Sooner or later music instruments' manufacturers will have to provide cloud services to their customers, where storage and other limitations make no sense anymore. With the high speed internet available today (wired or wireless like the 5G), it's amazing no one has taken such step already. The first manufacturer who does it will stand out from the rest.

Thing is, someone did... Lionstracs had an arranger that was basically a full computer running VSTi’s and arranger software. The hardware was decent (for the time) but the software had issues, and the content didn’t have nearly the polish that hardware arrangers do.

There’s so much more to a successful arranger than the hardware it’s run on..!
Elmir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can but I won't?
Music gear in lebanon new Pa1000MG contains 26,870 samples?
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmir wrote:
I can but I won't?
Music gear in lebanon new Pa1000MG contains 26,870 samples?

Yeah, it is a shame, that the PA4X can not do this ! Shocked Mad
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that what they neglect to mention is that that number is including the factory+local+user (15048) giving it the same as any other newer korg with local added
asanz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
asanz wrote:

Thing is, someone did... Lionstracs had an arranger that was basically a full computer running VSTi’s and arranger software. The hardware was decent (for the time) but the software had issues, and the content didn’t have nearly the polish that hardware arrangers do.

There’s so much more to a successful arranger than the hardware it’s run on..!

When it comes to digital storage, bits of information ara just 0's and 1's, and it doesn't matter if they are stored in a hard drive inside the keyboard or in the cloud. Samples are nothing more than 0's and 1's.

As long as the speed connection is fast and reliable enough, the keyboard shouldn't notice any difference. However, I would mix both, the limited internal storage with an unlimited cloud storage, and a smart software which downloads the most frequent (or favourite) samples into the keyboard.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many samples do you think are being used at once in any given style and keyboard set with pads already loaded? Putting those sounds onto a hard drive that is 1000s of times slower than RAM will not improve performance stability at all in fact i would assume the keyboard would crash within the first 5 seconds of turning on simply from the amount of samples used in the my setting option.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real issue is that arrangers are built around reduced instruction chipsets, which are obviously cheaper that full CPU’s and MOBO’s, but are complex to design and manufacture, and don’t get updated with the speed that computer hardware does. The truth is, there has been little in the way of advanced RISC design in years.

In fairness, the market for arrangers is microscopic compared to computers. R&D costs big bucks, and few arrangers get sold. So we sit here with decade old chipsets and wonder why we have decades old data transmission rates!

I think the enormous cost in developing entirely hardware music systems is making it unlikely we will progress far past where we are. Even the latest keyboards have glacial data transmission rates compared to your smartphone.

The future, if we want modern capabilities is the all software solution. SSD’s and ‘one chip’ ARM type computers are making the idea of a reliable computer system a daily experience for so many of us. Software like vArranger, in combination with software general purpose soundsets like Roland’s or Korg’s turn a nightmare from a decade ago to a practical reality.

Sadly, we simply don’t have the economic clout to get really modern RISC systems built for our niche needs. It’s time to move on, and embrace the software solution. It’s time for Korg and Yamaha and Roland to license the arranger soundsets (they are already working out how to do cloud licenses to make sure they are monetized sufficiently to make it worthwhile) so the already fairly mature software players have proven soundsets to work with...

This was the bane of the earlier Lionstracs attempt to marry an all software system to a hardware case. Their stock soundset was a pitiful comparison with the contemporary TOTL hardware arrangers. And their hardware was old tech compared to today’s. But a Mac Mini could easily power an arranger system that could survive gigging stresses. Pretty much everything in it is one chip! And its storage is solid state.

But it is going to need the Big 3 to license a GOOD soundset. That’s pretty much the roadblock at the moment. They obviously feel their cloud services are a good source of revenue for synth players. Why not arranger players too?
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the sounds were cloud-based for arranger keyboards then any dead zone would also be a no play zone. No bars no gigs. It would be impossible to have a system that works globally considering the quality of the network service is very different in many parts of the world and then people would also have to pay for the service besides for paying the keyboard which would probably get them to lose half their customers. Also by having the keyboards able to connect to a network they will be significantly more insecure and the operating system would have to be modified to make that happen which would make it susceptible to computer viruses which currently cannot affect these keyboards. Try loading 12 sounds, and 10 FX plugins in your daw and change them all in real time multiple times per minute and let me know when the latency is too much and the CPU overloads. Arranger keyboards do that all the time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: