Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Libraries Problems with Memory?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgmam13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Libraries Problems with Memory? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,I bought Kronos 2 73 few days later and I want to buy Kelfar libraries.
Someone told me that I must erase multisamples etc to load libraries.
Question:
Is this right?
I think there are 30gb memory free.
For example, I want to buy Exs95 (700mb) and Exs170(1.5g).
Can I load them together?
I can not understand how can I use 30gb memory.
Can I load more libraries together?

Sorry but it's the first time I have workstation
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

The two important things to remember about adding sounds are disk size and RAM size. Disk size is the free space you need on your Kronos SSD to add the libraries and RAM size is the memory space you need to add them during a given KSC load. Of course, the disk size is always much larger than the RAM space needed.

In Global mode, check under the Basic / KSC Auto-Load tab. The available RAM appears in the little green rectangle. If you don't have enough, you simply need to load less of other things as your KSC load is already too full. You can save custom KSC files as you wish.

For example, the factory PRELOAD.KSC file is pretty big because it loads most of the samples. But it's easy for you to find sounds you will only need once every four blue moons. Then you can save your own PRELOAD file (or rename it anything else) with all the samples you know you might never need until 2027. And of course, nothing is lost, since you can keep as many KSC files as you wish and load them at different times. In other words, you can create a KSC load for whatever type of music you want to play, then another for film scores, jazz, etc.
Korgmam13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there,

The two important things to remember about adding sounds are disk size and RAM size. Disk size is the free space you need on your Kronos SSD to add the libraries and RAM size is the memory space you need to add them during a given KSC load. Of course, the disk size is always much larger than the RAM space needed.

In Global mode, check under the Basic / KSC Auto-Load tab. The available RAM appears in the little green rectangle. If you don't have enough, you simply need to load less of other things as your KSC load is already too full. You can save custom KSC files as you wish.

For example, the factory PRELOAD.KSC file is pretty big because it loads most of the samples. But it's easy for you to find sounds you will only need once every four blue moons. Then you can save your own PRELOAD file (or rename it anything else) with all the samples you know you might never need until 2027. And of course, nothing is lost, since you can keep as many KSC files as you wish and load them at different times. In other words, you can create a KSC load for whatever type of music you want to play, then another for film scores, jazz, etc.

Thank you a lot,understood.
You help me a lot Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: