Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nautilus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lidserter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Greg, i missed that you specified *2021*, and yes, for the upcoming year Nautilus will be the star. However! If you got 3500 to spend, Kronos 2 is a better option, perhaps a used one in order to later upgrade to K3. As of today, a new korg user will choose according to its financial possibilities, so for example 88 keys lineup: $1300 kross, $2700 nautilus, $3900 kronos. And each one justify its step, if you can afford it.
Sorry if it felt like i attacked you Greg, I'm not a native English speaker and perhaps it's sounded worse than it should, just like you, it was an opinion.
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
I totally agree with you Greg, i missed that you specified *2021*, and yes, for the upcoming year Nautilus will be the star. However! If you got 3500 to spend, Kronos 2 is a better option, perhaps a used one in order to later upgrade to K3. As of today, a new korg user will choose according to its financial possibilities, so for example 88 keys lineup: $1300 kross, $2700 nautilus, $3900 kronos. And each one justify its step, if you can afford it.
Sorry if it felt like i attacked you Greg, I'm not a native English speaker and perhaps it's sounded worse than it should, just like you, it was an opinion.

No problem, its all good, brother. Its the Internet and we can kick it around. See things the way we see it, etc.

I am use to many disagreeing with my posts, LOL, sometimes I shake it up, extra spicey.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nautilus was produced for a specific market and price point. There are a lot of musicians who don't need, want or will ever use all of the capabilities of the Kronos. It's not meant as a replacement, but rather an addition to the product line.

When Apple introduced their new M1 laptops and Mini, it seemed ridiculous to me that they only offer 8GB or 16GB options. Did they abandon the power user who wants more RAM? Then it hit me, these machines aren't marketed to power user. These are for consumers for who 16 GB is much more than they'll ever need. The Nautilus is similarly positioned in the Korg product line.

It would be interesting to see how many Kronos users never use aftertouch or the sliders during performance. I'm suspecting that number is very high. The Nautilus will meet the needs of many musicians who don't *need* everything a Kronos is.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
The Nautilus was produced for a specific market and price point. There are a lot of musicians who don't need, want or will ever use all of the capabilities of the Kronos. It's not meant as a replacement, but rather an addition to the product line.

When Apple introduced their new M1 laptops and Mini, it seemed ridiculous to me that they only offer 8GB or 16GB options. Did they abandon the power user who wants more RAM? Then it hit me, these machines aren't marketed to power user. These are for consumers for who 16 GB is much more than they'll ever need. The Nautilus is similarly positioned in the Korg product line.

It would be interesting to see how many Kronos users never use aftertouch or the sliders during performance. I'm suspecting that number is very high. The Nautilus will meet the needs of many musicians who don't *need* everything a Kronos is.

Actually most things in the apple world (and windows ) don’t ever use more then 8GB..

The thing with the M1 is that the full ram is inside the cpu.. this explains the linit... this also explains the performance... modern programs will only profit from 16GB on die ram combined with lightning fast ssd and super high speed bus..

This is mainly the reason why Apples arm systems are so fast... its up to the programmers the overcome their old thinking..
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can only imagine what Korg could be able to achieve with a M1 chip...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
danmusician wrote:

Actually most things in the apple world (and windows ) don’t ever use more then 8GB..

The thing with the M1 is that the full ram is inside the cpu.. this explains the linit... this also explains the performance... modern programs will only profit from 16GB on die ram combined with lightning fast ssd and super high speed bus..

This is mainly the reason why Apples arm systems are so fast... its up to the programmers the overcome their old thinking..

It's not just the amount of RAM, there's also the fact that there are only 2 ports. These machines are not meant to be the ones used by power users.
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nautilus is a crippled version of Kronos and is only 250£ cheaper here in the UK and most probably with the same internal hardware and yes there are people who will buy it .
conundrum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so in some of the colonies. $1700 plus tax price difference is a lot. Yes the PC4 hammer action is the same price of the base Nautilus, but if one is looking for the Korg sounds, and synth action....
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:
Nautilus is a crippled version of Kronos and is only 250£ cheaper here in the UK and most probably with the same internal hardware and yes there are people who will buy it .

what gripes me about Korg is they are using 5-9 year old component spec and asking a premium for Nautilus

I happen to think [ and hear] that Nautilus sounds ' greater ' than Kronos.

That is expected from korg, they will show their strength at sound programming, of which I admire.

But the Nautilus internal spec ? same as K2 or my upgraded K1 ? even my K1 has a 120 Gig SSD which is cheap. Seriously...
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In less than a few days, the Nautilus has been presented , music shops from the Netherlands, and Belgium only offering B-stock Kronos, Thomann selling the 61 version all of them not even selling Titanium version . what the hell Sad

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you talk to Thomann and ask them directly if /when are they expecting to receive A stock Kronos 2 in the various key configurations ?

Here in the US, if the retailer is out of stock, they can tell me about when they will receive more plus how many.
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject: 1-2 important questions Reply with quote

Hello,

Usually, I used to be well informed about Korg gear, but this time I lack the following information:

1. Will I be able to load KRONOS sound banks to NAUTILUS and vice versa?

2. Do Kronos and Nautilus share SAME AD/DA converters?

I'm about to pre-order Nautilus, but need to consider the above fact.

Btw, In the Nautilus manual I saw this:

Quote:

The NAUTILUS compression is completely lossless, and causes absolutely no degradation in audio quality.

So I guess with Nautilus, Korg internally went the whole path in terms of sound quality as with a Kronos - at least until the AD/DA converters. So it would be good to get this confirmed.

I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this.

Thanks.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a user community, so Korg employees are not here.

suggest you email Korg support
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
did you talk to Thomann and ask them directly if /when are they expecting to receive A stock Kronos 2 in the various key configurations ?

Here in the US, if the retailer is out of stock, they can tell me about when they will receive more plus how many.

First thing on a Monday I will do, I'm also going to ask the other music shop why they discontinued to supply the newer Kronos. I'm just baffled that a week ago you could order one of the latest Kronos and after the announcement of the Nautilus, they've disappeared from the site.

If they were out of stock the site would say delivery time would take some weeks but this, not the case here ,that not how it suppose to work I'm thinking they to be way ahead and suspecting the Nautilus as a Kronos replacement before knowing what it is.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:
In less than a few days, the Nautilus has been presented , music shops from the Netherlands, and Belgium only offering B-stock Kronos, Thomann selling the 61 version all of them not even selling Titanium version . what the hell Sad

I had a look tonight - Thomas appear to have stock of all three Kronii ("Available Immediately").

The real WTF is that Thomann have also started listing the Nautilus: AU$3333 for the 61-key Nautilus, vs $3890 for the 61-key Kronos. That's only $557 AUD between them, or around $389 USD - which is nothing considering how much you lose between them.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: