Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg NAUTILUS !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomann has the Nautilus series in the program now:

Example 61: € 2.199,-

https://m.thomann.de/de/korg_nautilus_61.htm

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to wait a bit price will go down for sure there is no way that people who know the Korg boards will pay 2000£ for Nautilus when you can have Kronos for 250£ extra it seems that motherboard is the same based on options there i.e fan on off same size ssd ect so would you like crippled korg Kronos ( Nautilus) or the proper one that is the question.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100%.

I mean, I got my 2nd hand Kronos LS about a year ago, so no chance am even slightly considering the Nautilus... If ever.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
So let's vote ! :
Who is going to buy the Nautilus (While continuing to blame it in front of all of us!) ?!?!?!!
Very Happy

🌙

1°) No chance I would buy this synth, as I'm playing on Kronos 2 !!

2°) As long as its price is higher than 1500/1600 $, I will not advise it. I consider the Nautilus does not worth a higher price.

3°) As second hand Kronos 2 73 can be found fo the same price as a New Nautilus (about 2.200 €), for sure I would advise a Kronos 2 73.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disclaimer- I have no insider info or secret sources.

2021 trends with Kronos and Nautilus:

- 'early adopters ' are pre-ordering Nautilus now
- the Korg marketing machine will kick in, JR and pro's will rave/gush over
Nautilus
- there will be a herd of buyers as Nautilus sells out and is back ordered in Spring/2021.

- 80% of potential new Korg buyers will choose Nautilus over new Kronos
- Half of Kronos owners will keep their K's, buy a Nautilus and have an " all about Korg " rig
- Other half of Kronos owners will offer their K's on eBay and Reverb, as they receive their Nautilus, thus there will be a large used quantity of K's to buy
- increased supply of used K's online ='s reduced used used price
- Korg will eventually EOL Kronos, possibly late 2021 or 2022

- Nautilus will be the new King of work stations Laughing
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its said before, but shouldn’t we see a new kronos os soon with all the new features of the Nautilus onboard, and still keeping all the current features on board?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I guess its said before, but shouldn’t we see a new kronos os soon with all the new features of the Nautilus onboard, and still keeping all the current features on board?

its a tough call for a new Kronos OS.

What about Karma vs new ARP's ? Who is the survivor ?

The LCD on Nautilus is smaller, but I think its improved hardware.

I would settle for 'some kind of ' feature update.

100's of us went on record last summer, asking Korg for that.

3.1 OS dates back to Jan 22, 2017.

Over 3 years is a long time , IMO, assuming you hoped for more great features from Korg for Kronos.

There are some who assert " Be happy with 3.1 , and that we should not expect more '.

A small bug fix has some likelihood. But we are talking new features with a upgraded OS.

Due to the passage of time, and our direct communication, I can't estimate/predict if/when we see a feature update.
entonio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Korg realises it can get away with anything and in 2022 the next flagship is a remake of the Amstrad CKX1000, this time dispensing with velocity.

Last edited by entonio on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Korg should adopt software update approach Yamaha uses for the Montage and Modx lines where they release the same new features and enhancements to both products.

This does require a certain sophistication in their internal software configuration management strategies and methods (source code baselines, branching, merging, etc.). Yamaha clearly does this; I'm not sure if Korg does, or if each product is its own separate and independent line of source code.
entonio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nautilus OS contains references to 'Kronos' here and there... it's obviously the same product.
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entonio wrote:
The Nautilus OS contains references to 'Kronos' here and there... it's obviously the same product.

With same internal hardware it seems i.e old
Docflick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:
entonio wrote:

Indeed. What we have here is the third iteration of the same technology introduced in 2005 with the Oasys – each with diminishing build quality to reach a wider group of customers.

That said, the Kronos – and the Oasys before it and (presumably) the Nautilus now – sounds great. And it has a feature set that is still unmatched by any other hardware workstation ... including the very capable and fun-to-use Fantom (at least not yet).
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Docflick wrote:
leonh wrote:
entonio wrote:

Indeed. What we have here is the third iteration of the same technology introduced in 2005 with the Oasys – each with diminishing build quality to reach a wider group of customers.

That said, the Kronos – and the Oasys before it and (presumably) the Nautilus now – sounds great. And it has a feature set that is still unmatched by any other hardware workstation ... including the very capable and fun-to-use Fantom (at least not yet).

My Nautilus summary:

Same internals.
No Karma.
"improved" OS/software
Italian Grand
Improved LCD.
Virtual Controls.

Kronos sounds great.

Nautilus sounds greater.

Many get into hardware, etc etc etc.

The Korg secret sauce has always been that great Korg sound programming.

IOW, the Nautilus story is mostly about software.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Kronos sounds great.

Nautilus sounds greater.

I agree with the Korg programming part.

As far as how it sound, it depends on if it can load 3rd party content from Korg Shop. The orchestral combi, 20 minutes into the Luke & Andy video, sounded like an older workstation, to me.

I've been watching some of the video manuals and the OS requires some extra pushes to navigate. To make things appear simple, the screens have reverted to the Triton/M3 layout of 8 programs and 8 tracks. But, you don't get the easier to use Krome sequencer. As far as I can tell, it is the Kronos/OASYS sequencer, but with with extra button pushes to see all 16 programs, etc. The Trackview page still shows 16 MIDI and 16 Audio tracks, but the screen is smaller.

For someone used to working with the Kronos, the Nautilus interface is a more subjective view. And, no Data Slider! My Fantom FA doesn't have a slider and it is a bear to get around, just using a jog wheel and buttons. Of course, you can type in a numerical value on the touchscreen, but I could have just nudged the slider in 1/10th the time. This is crucial when doing quick Min/Max comparisons of EQs, FM operator frequencies, or anything you want to quickly sweep back and forth. That said, this interface is obviously aimed towards players, more than programmers.

On the plus side, the OASYS/Kronos platform lives on. The inclusion of Octave buttons is very nice. SW1/2 can do other things. Assignable switches are welcome.

After seeing KK's tilt screen mod, Nautilus may have missed a design opportunity. With so much more emphasis placed on the screen, I'm guessing that people would have been so gaga over that, they wouldn't question the smaller number of surface controls.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
GregC wrote:
Kronos sounds great.

Nautilus sounds greater.

I agree with the Korg programming part.

As far as how it sound, it depends on if it can load 3rd party content from Korg Shop. The orchestral combi, 20 minutes into the Luke & Andy video, sounded like an older workstation, to me.

I've been watching some of the video manuals and the OS requires some extra pushes to navigate. ols.

Nautilus should load your fav 3rd party samples. It has the same internals as a K2.

As far as finger muscle memory, it is work to learn new nav techniques. I am going thru that with MODX, but its worth it.

I sold my FA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: