Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style instruments out through different channels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chichinox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Style instruments out through different channels Reply with quote

Is it possible to send out separatelly the instruments of the style (e.g. drums. bass, pads) utilizing the three different outputs available? This is for recording purposes. Thank you very much!
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you record MIDI you can use the MIDI to play back any part you want back into the DAW
Chichinox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I don't want to bother you too much but could you explai more clearly how could you do that?
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the midi I/O routing on 8 channels in your DAW and set them up as 9-16 on midi in and turn off midi out for now. Then run a usb wire from the keyboard to the computer. Go to global midi and make sure midi out is set up so the style is sending midi on channels 9-16
Chichinox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Solved! Reply with quote

Should anyone be interested, I wish to explain how I solved my little problem. For recording purposes I needed to record separatelly on different tracks the voices of sthe style composing the bottom layer of my song. I recorded a midi-file with quick step record with the complet layer and then I recorded it on the DAW (Auria) playing one voice at a time (muting the others) each voice on a different stereo track. It takes time because it is necessary to repeat the recording 8 times. That's all. If someone knows a more clever way to do this is mostly welcome!
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight times is a bare minimum! If you want more editing and control possibilities over the drum kit, it is worth doing different passes for kick, snare, toms, cymbals etc., to give you the same type mixing abilities you’d get if in a recording studio.

You could also take the opportunity to remove all reverb from the Korg’s sounds, so you can replace with vastly superior software convolution reverbs... You’d be amazed how more realistic you can get a kit by putting it into a good convolution reverb drum room!

Yes, it’s a PITA doing pass after pass. But once recorded, the sky’s the limit to how you can manipulate the mix, compared to how limited you are only having the entire drum part as one stereo submix...
Chichinox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: p Reply with quote

In the style I see that the drums part is divided into two separated tracks but I woukd not know how to further sub-divide snare, toms, cymbals etc.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menu-track control-drum edit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: