Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Colour Scheme.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dencilmwilson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Colour Scheme. Reply with quote

Hello all, I was wondering if there's any way I can customize my Korg Kronos 88. So like change color of the piano, add some colors to the side panel and things like that... Is there any company or even person or literally any way I can do this? Thanks.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint the side panels? Well, I guess you could if you want to, but that would involve a lot of disassembly. If you decide to do that, keep in mind that depending on how old your K is, a mod like that most likely will void your warranty. I’m sure you could find a good wood worker or an auto body shop that would paint the end caps.
dencilmwilson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking like the main black area with the buttons and everything, change that to red, on the side panels, have it like this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTjZmyzA4oWiDtFv52tIWKMzoaW_GVAvvorA&usqp=CAU
See the red on thetop, with white on the black and the side panel? Tryna do something like that.
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kong did that for Jordan Rudess’ rig - you can see it in the YouTube video from a couple of years ago displaying his show rig.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos SE has a red / black finish, and the LS comes in a darker reddish hue with "sunburst" end cheeks.

KingKronos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chroma Caps from djtechtools feel good. Because they're large I ended up swapping out every other knob with a white one. Makes it easy now to grab knob 5 without having to take a second to count which is which.

I also replaced the sliders with mixer-style caps. Stuck with white = odd, black = even. Now the drawbars feel more natural, and the Kronos looks a bit more like a Kurzweil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: