Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing EX's / KSC Auto Load issues !!Solved!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Missing EX's / KSC Auto Load issues !!Solved!! Reply with quote

Once again I have managed to mess up my files. Here's the deal, I have 2 Ks and I was trying to do a 'load all' to one of them so I could have them both identical. In the Global Basic tab > auto load...I no longer see any EXs at all. When I try to load sample files from the usb stick, I get a box that says unable because EXs have been uninstalled. If someone out there can hold my hand and walk me through the fix, that would be wonderful. The good news is I still one Kronos that works. Thanks

Last edited by Falcon2e on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Not to worry yet. As you have discovered, certain Global parameters are not saved with the Save All (not to mention of course the sample stuff). So the Save All should actually be called "Save All except sampling stuff, auto power-off setting, fan control setting, rear panel illumination setup and KSC auto-load settings". But since it's a bit too long, we have to try to remember this. Laughing

So for you now, it's simply a matter of adding all the KSC that you see in your fully functioning twin Kronos in the KSC auto-load tab.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there,

Not to worry yet. As you have discovered, certain Global parameters are not saved with the Save All (not to mention of course the sample stuff). So the Save All should actually be called "Save All except sampling stuff, auto power-off setting, fan control setting, rear panel illumination setup and KSC auto-load settings". But since it's a bit too long, we have to try to remember this. Laughing

So for you now, it's simply a matter of adding all the KSC that you see in your fully functioning twin Kronos in the KSC auto-load tab.

I think I understand what you're saving, but here is more info since my call for help. After i power up, I get a info box...'auto load error' Msg: newfile KSC (2) and newfile_user bank KSC could not be found.

I insert usb and load the the missing files, but when I go to disk mode I don't see a KSC file, but everything seems to work properly.

In Global..Auto-load ...I have 3 items..newfileKSC (2) and newfile_user bank KSC. I don't see all the EXs listed there like I see on the other K. I have checked the boxes and 'write global settings' before I power off. I also do a 'save all' to HD.

BUT...the next time I power on, I get the same error msg and have to repeat what I just told you again.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-Load only works with files on the Kronos SSD. So you have to copy everything you need from USB to the SSD, just like you copy stuff from a CD-ROM to the disk of a normal computer. One way to check if you have everything is to compare the SSD/directories on both Kronos.

Once this is done, in the KSC Auto-load tab use the Add feature there to fill your KSC list exactly as what you see on your twin Kronos. For that, for each Add KSC instance you must navigate on the SSD and select the directory where you copied you stuff and choose each KSC, which will be added in the Auto-load list.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you KK for taking time to offer help.
Well I'm still not having any luck with this, but here's the latest situation.

I still am getting a Auto Load error msg on start up stating that KSC files are not properly loaded.

I have confirmed that all of the KSC files are saved in the HD. I see them in view in disk tab. I CAN load them from the disk tab and everything works normally.

In Global mode (Auto Load page) I have the box checked next to the KSC files. At this point I have selected (Write Global Setting) BUT...the next time I fire it back up the box is UNCHECKED and I have to repeat to manually load the KSC files again. I'm missing something somewhere for sure.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! I may be back in business. I re-read parts of the Parameter Guide, again, and something caught my attention....

"Any changes you’ve made by adding or removing KSC
files will be applied, with sample data loaded and un‐
loaded as necessary. Note that this may take some time
to complete."

This is on p.762. I decided to leave it alone for a while, maybe 30 mins, and I think that was the fix. I guess it took a while for everything to load. I'll report back if the problem reappears. Wish me luck, and thanks for your help.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Glad all is working again now. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: