Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Nautilus 88 Roll-out Delays?...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
signet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Nautilus 88 Roll-out Delays?... Reply with quote

Hello, all: I am new member here, and came on to try and find out just what is happening to the roll-out of the Nautilus 88. I am a long-time Korg customer, but I must admit I am blind going into this deal. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I have already ordered and paid for unit from dealer. Thank you for your time in advance, and best regards, Mark.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good sized established US dealer ?

if so, a decent salesperson will be able to access and track Nautilus shipping progress as it moves on ocean bound freight containers and reaches the shores here in CA or even Washington.
signet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

if so, a decent salesperson will be able to access and track Nautilus shipping progress as it moves on ocean bound freight containers and reaches the shores here in CA or even Washington.

Hello: As to your question, yes, most emphatically a reputable stateside dealer. One of the largest, if not the largest gearhouses in US. I do have a designated salesperson there, and have asked about the unit, but gotten no definitive answer...

Previously owned: Kronos 73, Grandstage 88, Kross 2 MB 61, Kross 2 MB 88.
Would love to stick with Korg, but I'm getting a little impatient with the whole thing... (m.)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

signet wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hello: As to your question, yes, most emphatically a reputable stateside dealer. One of the largest, if not the largest gearhouses in US. I do have a designated salesperson there, and have asked about the unit, but gotten no definitive answer...

Would love to stick with Korg, but I'm getting a little impatient with the whole thing... (m.)

thats a lot of Korg.

If you ordered this week, folks that ordered in Dec/Jan are ahead of you. A pecking order, so to speak.

I think you have to get at the #'s and go from there.

What is SW or Krafts
" allocation ' of the 1st bunch of Nautilus ?

Korg 'promised ' them some # early on. And that batch is "supposed " to be on shore by now.

Once you know that #, where do you stand in the pecking order ? From my experience, I really like Kraft. They communicate.

Let us know if you run into very tight lips.
signet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:

thats a lot of Korg.

If you ordered this week, folks that ordered in Dec/Jan are ahead of you. A pecking order, so to speak.

What is SW or Krafts

Korg 'promised ' them some # early on. And that batch is "supposed " to be on shore by now.

Once you know that #, where do you stand in the pecking order ? From my experience, I really like Kraft. They communicate.

Greg: I purchased on Dec. 7. That was Pearl Harbor Day, wasn't it? I hope I don't get bombed!... BTW, it was SW. I can say that, right? My designated salesperson said I was #7 in the queue. For some reason, that's not particularly reassuring. It's probably because I worked in audio sales for many years, and have a pretty good feel for when things are going haywire with equipment roll-outs. Maybe I'm reading more into it than necessary. At any rate, thanks for the comments. (m.)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signet wrote:
GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:

thats a lot of Korg.

What is SW or Krafts

Greg: I purchased on Dec. 7. That was Pearl Harbor Day, wasn't it? I hope I don't get bombed!... BTW, it was SW. I can say that, right? My designated salesperson said I was #7 in the queue. For some reason, that's not particularly reassuring. It's probably because I worked in audio sales for many years, and have a pretty good feel for when things are going haywire with equipment roll-outs. Maybe I'm reading more into it than necessary. At any rate, thanks for the comments. (m.)

I worked for Sony for 9 years. That helped get a feel.

Just the same, ask your SW salesperson the 'right ' questions.

Such as " where and what is the problem ". Many salespeople are trained to never say anything remotely critical of a big co. Get past that, somehow.

Its simple, the salesperson calls his Korg USA disti rep, and asks directly the question. The disti rep has to know. Incoming knowledge is part of his job.

People like myself have no direct communication contact at Sony Inc in Tokyo. Not that I haven't tried.
signet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:

thats a lot of Korg.

What is SW or Krafts

I worked for Sony for 9 years. That helped get a feel.

Such as " where and what is the problem ". Many salespeople are trained to never say anything remotely critical of a big co. Get past that, somehow.

Its simple, the salesperson calls his Korg USA disti rep, and asks directly the question. The disti rep has to know. Incoming knowledge is part of his job.

People like myself have no direct communication contact at Sony Inc in Tokyo. Not that I haven't tried.

I used to have good relations with sales reps in audio, because I worked in NYC. That was a hub for audio. I'll need to talk to my SW salesperson. The problem here is that I sold my Kross2 88 to a friend prematurely, and now have no main keyboard. Only an Arturia controller, which is not all that useful to me as a pianist. This was my first big ticket purchase from SW. I used Zz previously to this...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signet wrote:
GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:
signet wrote:
GregC wrote:

Hm.)

thats a lot of Korg.

What is SW or Krafts

I used to have good relations with sales reps in audio, because I worked in NYC. That was a hub for audio. I'll need to talk to my SW salesperson. ist. ...

and your SW salesperson said...
signet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC said: and your SW salesperson said...

Mark answers: He said that he didn't really know what was going on. He suggested that the containers might be backed up ready to unload, but were perhaps far back in the unloading queue...

I decided to get my money back and wait for a couple of professional reviews of the unit after it hits the streets in earnest. In the mean time, I pulled the trigger on a Yamaha MX 88 to tide me over 'till I decide what to do next. It's really a good keyboard for just over a grand...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with what I know, and that you needed a good keyboard, your decision was a wise one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: