Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca FM arpeggiator cuts off between chained sequences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyhaggis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Volca FM arpeggiator cuts off between chained sequences Reply with quote

Hello! I’m having a blast with volca FM but wondering if there's a way around a huge limitation i’ve run into:

When I try to chain two or more sequences on Volca FM, the arpeggiator gets interrupted in between the sequences.

Is this normal? is there any way to avoid it? Is this a bug? my firmware is 1.09 which allows sustain between sequences via global setting #11 in firmware 1.09 thanks to reddit user pajen who made this firmware.

here are some quick videos with dinky sequences to illustrate

arpeggiator operating properly over one repeated sequence - if you keep your finger down it keeps going as the sequence repeats:

but here’s what happens when you try to do the same thing over a chain of sequences - it cuts off and stops at the end of each sequence, and i have to press again to get it going:

synthpeter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it to check, and my Volca FM, which is on its original Korg firmware, behaves exactly the same.
levcold

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Volca FM arpeggiator cuts off between chained sequences Reply with quote

I also just purchased a new Volca FM. I've been picking it up every day and love it, but also ran into this issue.

I chain multiple sequences together and then play 'live' over top. The sequences are made up of only one note played at a time. 'Polyphony' is turned on. The first note of each of the chained sequences is cut off when I attempt to play over top of it. Either the 'live' note does not play, or the recorded sequence cuts out.

I upgraded the latest Korg firmware hoping to solve this problem, but it remains.

If this is just how the FMs work, then so be it. It seems unnecessarily limiting, though.

Anyone else encountering the same thing? (Do other Volcas work like this, too?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: