Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS X - Where is the serial number?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKorgDude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: KRONOS X - Where is the serial number? Reply with quote

I've recently purchased a 2nd hand Kronos X (from a reputable music dealer!), however it didn't come in the original packaging and I can't seem to find any obvious serial number on the body of the keyboard itself.

I'm thinking about buying a sound pack from Korg, but they require the serial number and public id to register to purchase them. I found the public id in the global settings - is there a way to interrogate the software for the serial number?

I've seen some pictures of the original Kronos with a serial number sticket near the power input, but I don't think I've seen such a sticker on any Kronos X or Kronos 2.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS X - Where is the serial number? Reply with quote

TheKorgDude wrote:

I've seen some pictures of the original Kronos with a serial number sticket near the power input, but I don't think I've seen such a sticker on any Kronos X or Kronos 2.

Have a look underneath the Kronos. That's where mine is on my K2-88
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a visual:

https://forums.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18110

Plus, your retailer should have written the s/n on your purchase receipt.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS X - Where is the serial number? Reply with quote

TheKorgDude wrote:
I've recently purchased a 2nd hand Kronos X (from a reputable music dealer!), however it didn't come in the original packaging and I can't seem to find any obvious serial number on the body of the keyboard itself.

If you didn't get the restore DVDs, then red flags abound. The serial is on the body.

TheKorgDude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: KRONOS X - Where is the serial number? Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
TheKorgDude wrote:

If you didn't get the restore DVDs, then red flags abound. The serial is on the body.

Perfect, thanks. I don't know how I missed that, I checked every conceivable square inch apart from apparently those few square inches yesterday...

Thankfully it did come with all the original manuals and restore DVDs!
TheKorgDude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
here's a visual:

https://forums.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18110

Plus, your retailer should have written the s/n on your purchase receipt.

Yeah, I seen that visual yesterday. I think this is where they put the S/N on the original Kronos, but now it appears to have moved to the rear beside the I/O ports as per the post above.

Found it now, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: