Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you help a newbie please?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Can you help a newbie please? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I’m a new Korg Kronos 2 user. Sorry if I sound like I don’t know anything, which I don’t 😃 have lot’s to learn on the Kronos. On the Pa1000, I know how to load samples, sounds etc.

When I purchased the Kronos, the guy had so many beautiful sounds that came with the keyboard. And my friend who also recently purchased a Kronos, wants those sounds as well.

Can you please tell me, how do I transfer all the sounds everything from program/combination etc, to a usb? I want to have a backup on a usb for myself, and also give him the sounds as well? I know it’s in a disk mode, but don’t know from there on. I would like to include everything from my keyboard, on to a usb.

Thank you so much! And sorry, i’m still learning the Kronos. 😃
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

There is no real shortcut, so you will have to read the Disk mode section in the Kronos Parameter guide and practice what they mention. In short, you would at least need to do a Save All in Disk Mode and place all the files on your USB key. Then the other Kronos owner loads them on his unit also in Disk Mode.

A very important thing to remember is to never ever load such files in a Kronos without first doing a complete backup of the unit (Save All). Otherwise all the changes done in programs, combis and so on will be lost. Shocked

I would recommend you start here watching this Korg tutorial (there are many others online as well) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abckX_qpvJU
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I will also watch the video you provided. Kronos is truly a great keyboard, but will take some time to learn. Thank you again, and have a great day! 😃
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
Thank you so much! I will also watch the video you provided. Kronos is truly a great keyboard, but will take some time to learn. Thank you again, and have a great day! 😃

You're welcome !

There is lots to learn for everyone with the Kronos as it is very complex, but it is IMHO the most powerful and versatile digital synth ever. Wish you many years of fun and music with your Kronos.
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly is! Haha last week, I took the Kronos to a friend’s house who always plays with a Roland. After hearing the Kronos, he fell in love with it and he’s actually thinking about buying one. I got lucky lol the person I bought it from I knew him. He purchased the Kronos 2 about a month and half ago, brand new. He sold it to me with sounds and everything for $2,100.

Friend, another quick question is there a way to make the tranpose to like the sw1 and sw2 button? Because the way to transpose right now, is to do it on the screen.

As always, thank you for the help!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW1 and SW2 can be set to perform various functions, on a per Program and a per Combi basis, so they can be set for e.g. octave up/down, portamento, locking the ribbon, joystick, and aftertouch setting. The default settings for SW1 and SW2 for piano Programs is octave up/down. For other Programs and Combis, potentially more useful settings have been assigned, but the user can change those assignments.

For Programs, the SW1 and SW2 settings can be found in the Basic/Vector | Controllers tab, whilst for Combis, look in the EQ/Vector/Control | Controllers tab. If you're in Set List mode, the easiest way is to change to Program or Combi mode to make changes.

Last edited by voip on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you friend, appreciate it for the quick responses/help!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
Friend, another quick question is there a way to make the tranpose to like the sw1 and sw2 button?

Hi there,

As voip mentions, you can program buttons, knobs and sliders to do almost anything you want. One trick is to analyze a program which already has the switches you want to transpose, then take note of how they are programmed. Don't worry if it seems complicated at first, with time you will find out what to do and master your new machine gradually. It has almost no limit, except our imagination. Cool
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you friend! Truly appreciate the help. Will definitely be exploring the Kronos later on today!
tunaman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do yourself a favor and download the Operations Guide, Parameter Guide, Quick Start Guide, and Voice Names List PDF files from the Korg website, then spend the time reading each cover to cover. You will likely find yourself referencing them often, especially as you learn the capabilities.

You will be amazed at how much the 10+ year old Kronos can do, once you get under the hood. Still a musical instrument marvel in 2021.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samk323 wrote:
Thank you friend! Truly appreciate the help. Will definitely be exploring the Kronos later on today!

One thing has to be known : all sounds coming from Shop Korg libraries (http://shop.korg.com/Kronos) can't be transfered between 2 different Kronos !

All these sounds banks require a 24 character code specific of each Kronos Id.
So, if the beautiful sounds you heard wre coming from this kind of banks, you will have to purchase them.

However, there are other sounds banks which don't require this key.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: