Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos boot problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Kronos boot problem Reply with quote

A friend of me has a strange problem.

His Kronos (model 2015) allways needs a reboot to start.
If you power it up, it hangs.(allways each and every time)
Seccond time it boots flawless (allways each and every time)

Does anyone recognise this and know whats the problem?
And if so, is there a solution for this?
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to do is to watch the screen carefully. The red line under the logo will progressively elongate left to right, indicating how far it is into the boot process.

Also, once it gets the OS loaded it will display file names of the KSC files being loaded.

If you can get a screen shot, or a description, of where it hangs we might be able to help?

It sounds at face value like a hard drive issue, where the OS needs to run a fsck before it will finish a clean boot, but that wouldn’t typically happen each and every time.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
One thing to do is to watch the screen carefully. The red line under the logo will progressively elongate left to right, indicating how far it is into the boot process.

Also, once it gets the OS loaded it will display file names of the KSC files being loaded.

If you can get a screen shot, or a description, of where it hangs we might be able to help?

It sounds at face value like a hard drive issue, where the OS needs to run a fsck before it will finish a clean boot, but that wouldn’t typically happen each and every time.

Great advice. I would also ask if he has the latest firmware update. I don’t know if that’s the issue, but I’m just trying to eliminate potential issues.
ranman86

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:

This could certainly be a disk issue. Sometimes a corrupt system file can cause boot failure like this, as was the case with mine.

Never hurts to check connections while your in there. Clean and reseat RAM, make sure all connections at the motherboard are tight, as well as the large connector to power supply.
JFree

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it always boots second try is odd.
Boot issues have been one of a few things for me:

1 bad ram connection
2 failing power supply
3 failing 2nd disc drive
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFree wrote:
The fact that it always boots second try is odd.
Boot issues have been one of a few things for

Its strange indeed... looks like some piece of hardware that only works when there recently was power on it... i would say either battery related or a capacitor..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: