Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61 setlist issues and pages "freezing" in c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Kronos 61 setlist issues and pages "freezing" in c Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Im new to the forum. I have Kronos 61 1st edition running on v3.13 with a couple potential software issues? Any help would be appreciated.

1) I have two adjacent combi slots for a song in setlist.
When I change from the first slot to the second slot the sounds in the first slot continue in the background (based on the last chord I played before changing). The sounds in the second slot play over this. I have to come out of the second slot to cancel the background chord. This used to work well and is a recent problem.

2) The page freezes when editing midi channels or key zones in combi. I can "unfreeze this" f I change to another combi and then go back to the one I'm editing and as long as I immediately carry out the midi or zone change it works.
Again this used to work okay and is a relatively new issue..
KingKronos

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 61 setlist issues and pages "freezing" Reply with quote

JohnnyZ wrote:
Hi Guys, Im new to the forum. I have Kronos 61 1st edition running on v3.13 with a couple potential software issues? Any help would be appreciated.

1) I have two adjacent combi slots for a song in setlist.
When I change from the first slot to the second slot the sounds in the first slot continue in the background (based on the last chord I played before changing). The sounds in the second slot play over this. I have to come out of the second slot to cancel the background chord. This used to work well and is a recent problem.

2) The page freezes when editing midi channels or key zones in combi. I can "unfreeze this" f I change to another combi and then go back to the one I'm editing and as long as I immediately carry out the midi or zone change it works.
Again this used to work okay and is a relatively new issue..

Welcome to the forum.

Issue 1 is normal, and is actually a highly desired feature called Seamless Sound Transition. To me it seems like your workaround is simple. From slot 1, go to unused slot X first, then to the actual slot 2 you want. Switching through 2 consecutive slots or combis or programs, whatever, is how the Kronos cuts off lingering notes.

Issue 2 does seem unusual. Are you changing those parameters while sounds are playing? Maybe you have a MIDI loop (if connected to a DAW, make sure to set Kronos MIDI local control to off).
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In both cases, try hitting the Compare button as it can function like a panic button under those circumstances.
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi King Kronos, thanks for the quick reply.
Apologies for not making the setlist issue clearer.
When changing to slot 2 the chord from slot 1 will not stop and continues to play under what I'm playing using slot 2 unless I go to another slot to cut it off.
Could this be a polyphony issue?
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tunaman,
Thanks for the quick reply. Ill have a look at this it could be a good workaround if I cant resolve.
KingKronos

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you change from slot 1 to slot 2, the sound from slot 1 keeps playing. This is normal, and called smooth sound transition.

To work around that, go from slot 1 to slot 10 then slot 2. This will cutoff slot 1.
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi King Kronos,
Thanks for your response.
I understand smooth sound transition and have being using this successfully for some time. What I am experiencing is the sound from slot 1 hanging throughout me playing slot 2 and continuing when I stop playing the slot 2 part.
I have just submitted a video of this to Korg technical support who are looking into this for me.
Many thanks
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I think I’ve sorted the first problem! (which I suspect is a bug).

When I hold the chord in slot one with the damper - which I’ve not been using over the last year- it transitions to slot 2 as expected.

When I play the chord in slot one it hangs when activating slot 2.

I should mention that the chord is assigned to a pad, although its transitioned okay between setlist slots when playing the chord in the past.

However, since I recently updated to 3.13 I seem to have had this problem.
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’ve tried unplugging your damper pedal, no doubt? And verifying that the damper polarity is correct?
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes using the damper has solved the first problem of hanging chords when changing from slot one to slot 2 in setlist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: