Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus and KARMA Omission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrancisBegbie

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Nautilus and KARMA Omission Reply with quote

Good day. I am seriously considering purchasing a Nautilus but I had some reservations due to the fact that while the Kronos has KARMA technology which lends itself to some beautiful accompaniments, the Nautilus only has an arpeggiator. I used to own a Kronos back in 2016 which I had to sell due to budgetary reasons and I loved what I was able to do with the sequences/arrangements that KARMA provides. Therefore, my question to all who already own a Nautilus is whether you miss the KARMA technology on your boards and how much different is the arpeggiator technology included in the Nautilus. I know some of you may offer the advice of simply buying a second hand Kronos instead but I am buying on a payment plan and therefore, the Kronos becomes a little too expensive when it is bought new. Also, there is always the fear that Korg may come out with the Kronos replacement soon as well. Thanks for any advice.[/b]
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Nautilus and KARMA Omission Reply with quote

FrancisBegbie wrote:
Good day. I am seriously considering purchasing a Nautilus but I had some reservations due to the fact that while the Kronos has KARMA technology which lends itself to some beautiful accompaniments, the Nautilus only has an arpeggiator. I used to own a Kronos back in 2016 which I had to sell due to budgetary reasons and I loved what I was able to do with the sequences/arrangements that KARMA provides. Therefore, my question to all who already own a Nautilus is whether you miss the KARMA technology on your boards and how much different is the arpeggiator technology included in the Nautilus. I know some of you may offer the advice of simply buying a second hand Kronos instead but I am buying on a payment plan and therefore, the Kronos becomes a little too expensive when it is bought new. Also, there is always the fear that Korg may come out with the Kronos replacement soon as well. Thanks for any advice.[/b]

If you already used to play with Karma and enjoyed it, for sure I would advise Kronos.
There is no Karma in Nautilus because many Kronos people said they never used it or that Karma was too complex.
The Nautilus arpegiator is more easy, mode simpl, more immediate but less powerfull.

That said, no one except Korg staff would be able to tell you the Kronos future.
What I can say is the Kronos 88 is not available anymore in almost all european places.
Does this mean that this is the real end of life of the Kronos....I don't know.
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject: M-3 Reply with quote

I do still have the Korg M-3 and I used KARMA just quite a bit and no I did not find it confusing or complex. After going in a music store not too long ago and testing out the Nautilus, I then, of course went back home did some research and was astounded to find out the the KARMA was no longer being offered. First I thought maybe because of licensing or some contractural agreement had ran its course.

The arp that the Nautilus comes with will of course work just fine and you will not even notice KARMA not on this synth the similar set up is still there with four scenes but those four scenes can do some miracles and I tend to only use one!
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
J Ryan Moody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Kronos still better than nautilus at. Reply with quote

I have been researching the nautilus at and the omission of KARMA is huge to me. I wished they had it in there. I think Korg will regret it rather quickly because KARMA is so much more than any Arpeggiator. I’m going to keep my Original Kronos 88 at least until they come to their senses and get karma in there. I’m sure it sounds good but after all these years my Kronos still rocks! Stephen Kay , you’re a genius and Korg is making a huge mistake by not using you or your brilliant KARMA. Anyone agree?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several Korg instruments that don't have KARMA "inside", but for which there is KARMA software that runs on PC or Mac platforms. The different versions of KARMA software are tailored to the individual instruments so that e.g. the control surface knobs on the M50 are correctly recognised by KARMA, and can be utilised by the software. There isn't a publicly available KARMA software version for the Nautilus, but there's no harm in asking Stephen Kay at Karma-Labs if this is likely in the near future. It may be that the software is already in development, or that sufficient level of interest might prompt such development.

https://www.karma-lab.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: