Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to stop DAW recording every sound?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco#1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: How to stop DAW recording every sound? Reply with quote

Don't know if this is a Kronus thing, however...

I hooked my Kronus up to my DAW (Ableton) via USB for Midi and Audio and everything is working fine.

The problem is, that everytime I want to record a track, everything which is currently sounding on my pc is recorded. It even recorded the metronom click.

First I used the Korg drivers provided with the Kronos, but the latency was very high. So I switched to ASIO4ALL.

I think it is maybe because my Kronos is acting like a sound card for my PC. But I don't know, and I don't know how to fix it. Anybody else encountered this problem?
CliveJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos USB output mirrors the L/R main output, as does the headphone socket, so if you hear it there it will be recorded. This will happen regardless of where the metronome is being generated, but I assume Ableton is your master clock and metronome.

There are a few ways around this:

A) send the metronome as MIDI to an unused channel in your combi and output that to channel 3 or 4 in the Kronos. You’ll need a mixer for this.
B) use a second interface to output the metronome from Ableton.
C) still using a second interface: output the whole mix to your amp/headphones using Ableton as the mixer.

The second interface could just be the audio out of your computer if it’s of suitable quality.

Or another way: record the Kronos as MIDI. This will allow you to change sounds later or fix any errors. You can bounce the MIDI back to audio (without the click) later on.

Hope this helps.
Disco#1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for trying to solve the issue. But unfortunately none of this tips helped.

Now it isn't just recording the click, but only the other tracks (drums) i have in my arrangement,

I haven't had the issue before, it started when using ASIO4ALL. Sure I can switch back to the other driver, but then I'll have these latency issues again.

I'm puzzled Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
blazerunner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107925

There's a thread explaining a few things about the Kronos Daw capabilities for what it's worth. I just saw it while looking up something else but the ASIO thing rang a bell to your question.
Disco#1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't actually the thing I was looking for though.

I guess I have no choice but to get an USB interface for my DAW...
Disco#1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I got it working. Don't ask me what I've done though. I fiddled a little bis with the ASIO4ALL settings and now it is working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: