Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Mode Button issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronieaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Memory Mode Button issue Reply with quote

New PA1000 problem I've discovered. I haven't put this out into the Forum yet, but maybe I will this morning. It deals with the use of the Memory Mode Button on p202: MemoryON Chord mode, chords only are held; Chord+Lower mode, chords and Lower sound are held; FixedArr + Lower mode, chords and Lower are held.

What happens to me is, in Chord mode - the Lower voice is held and held and held for minutes until I either turn MemoryOFF or Mute the Lower voice.
This is NOT normal

However, when I first boot up the Lower voice works as advertised, meaning the Lower voice stops playing when the keys are up.
This is normal.

Boot up. MySetting is LatinPop, i3Strings/Backing (backing can be on or off - same result) on Low, volume77. MemoryOFF. Play a chord then release the keys.
I hear Strings whether muted or not, only when I hold down the keys.
This is normal.

Goto Global-ModePreferences - MemoryMode set to CHORD. Exit.
MemoryON. Play a chord then release the keys. I hear Strings whether muted or not, only when I hold down the keys. When I let up on the keys the Strings go quiet.
This is normal.
Hit Start/Stop, accmp plays and changes chords. When keys are pressed I hear Strings. When I let up on keys the accmp keeps playing and the Strings go quiet.
This is normal.

Goto Global - ModePreferences, set MemoryMode to Chord+Lower. Exit.
MemoryON. Play a chord then release the keys. I hear Strings.
Accmp is NOT running. The Strings continue to play, no keys depressed until I either turn MemoryOFF or MuteLower.
This is NOT normal.

Goto Global - ModePreference, set MemoryMode back to Chord. Exit.
MemoryON. Play a chord then release the keys. I hear Strings.
Accmp is NOT running. The Strings continue to play, no keys depressed until I either turn MemoryOFF or MuteLower.
This is NOT normal.

Boot up to MySetting - MemoryON - LOW i3Strings - GlobalMemoryMode set to Chord. Play a chord. I hear Strings while keys are pressed down.
No String sounds when keys are up.
This is normal.

Set GlobalMemoryMode to Chord+Low.
MemoryON. Play a chord then release the keys.
I hear Strings when I press down keys and when I let up on keys the Strings continue to play the chord until I either turn MemoryOFF or MuteLow.
This is NOT normal.

Set GlobalMemoryMode back to Chord. MemoryOFF.
Play a chord then release the keys.
I hear Strings only while keys are pressed down.
MemoryON, play a chord then release the keys.
I hear Strings continue to play until I either turn MemoryOFF or MuteLow.
This is NOT normal

So, once I change to Chord+Low I cannot go back to Chord.
I have to reboot.

One workaround I discovered is to use for a Low voice, one of the Pianos. They seem to be the only voices that have a quick decay, short sustain. Every other voice I tried lingers on&on for minutes. Pianos don't make good background pads, but . . .
Otherwise, always boot up with MemoryON set to the ChordMode and don't change it. If I want to change and then go back to Chord only, save your song then reboot.

Ron in Oregon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: