Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drums patterns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marciofm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Drums patterns Reply with quote

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this kind of "amateur" question here, but...
Since 1988 I've been enjoying my Roland D20 to play and use the sequencer to make some music.
A few years back I bought the Kronos X and despite the amazing sounds, I never had the time to learn it's capabilities.
For a user like me, it was disappointing that basic functions were so difficult to use, for sure because the huge potential it has.
I was wondering if someone could help me out finding a ladrary of drum patterns instead of creating it from scratch.
Thanks!
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

The Kronos already has hundreds of drum patterns built in, nearly 700 I think. So it may be that you don't need to find a library from elsewhere.

Check out this helpful video, that will explain how you audition and select patterns for whatever kit you choose - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7niy6vV6X0.
The camera work isn't perfect, but the tutorial itself is clear and good.

You can also sample in drum loops, and then tailor them to your needs, but that's a quite different approach, and maybe not one you want to go into yet if you're still getting to grips with the basics.

Personally, I make up my own rhythms and record them in. It's more immediate, and I can get exactly the rhythms that I want without scrolling through all the preset pattern possibilities. It all depends on what type of music you're wanting to make, though.

Hope this gets you started, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: