Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E and G# issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metaprog2000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject: E and G# issue Reply with quote

Hello. I use a kronos LS updated to 3.1.2.
From 10 days, I experience an issue on the keys E and G#, which play at the maximum dynamic even if I play them very softly.
This only happens on :
E when C is already played (C chord for ex)
G# when E is already played (E chord for ex)
Playing E or G# alone (or with other keys than above) is no problem. Dynamic is ok.
This does not seem to be a mechanical issue as it happens on every octave on the keyboard....
I changed the velocity curves in Global settings, but no improvement. It happens on every program,combi or song.
FYI, I had some condensation in the contacts some months ago, dried it,and then it was ok.
Never experienced this kind of issue on any synth....
Thanks for your help.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s almost certainly a mechanical/electrical issue, despite it happening across octaves. There are two contacts for each key, which are used to detect velocity. If one of these is shorted out, this will cause fixed velocity response.

The reason it happens across octaves is because of the way the keys are connected to the the serial interface of the Kronos - there’s a multiplexer and encoder system used to do this, and errant signals (or short circuits) will break this system. That’s likely why you are seeing the behaviour you are, though I would need to check the schematics for specifics.

It’s more than likely going to need a service unfortunately. As an aside, it’s likely not the condensation in isolation that’s caused issues; rather, it’s probably a combination of condensation and accumulated dust. It should be a very easy fix though, and not be more than a couple hours of labour.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Metaprog2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks a lot. I am gonna check this.
Metaprog2000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did what you advised, and it works. No more issue.

Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: