Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with tempo settings in song mode with KARMA arpeggio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
V-man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Help with tempo settings in song mode with KARMA arpeggio Reply with quote

Hi, I have a KARMA arpeggio within a timbre that I have on track one in song mode. The tempo of that arpeggio is 130. Can I at the same time have another tempo for all other content in the song, let's say 90?

I want to be able to start the arpeggio first with the pads of the first track and then after a while I want to start the song playing in another tempo and at the same time slowly fade out volume on track 1 where the arpeggio is playing. Is this even possible to do?

I want to use this in a live play situation where I use the recordings in the song as backing tracks when playing. But as I said, first start with this arpeggio in a specific tempo and then start the song by pressing the start button on the sequenser that has another tempo than the arpeggio.
darwinwiebe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 607 of the parameter guide states

“The tempo of the song and KARMA cannot be set independently.”

If you have the Karma Kronos program, you could likely work around it by modifying the actual GE to work with the master tempo of your sequence.

I don’t have the Karma Kronos manual handy, but there must be a way to set its tempo there.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with tempo settings in song mode with KARMA arpeggi Reply with quote

V-man wrote:
I want to be able to start the arpeggio first with the pads of the first track and then after a while I want to start the song playing in another tempo and at the same time slowly fade out volume on track 1 where the arpeggio is playing. Is this even possible to do?

It's actually possible, but only if the GE has a Tempo Envelope assigned as an RT Parm, or Envelope Type assigned as an RT Parm (so it can be changed to Tempo).

When a GE is running under control of a Tempo envelope, it is "free-wheeling" and disconnected from the main Kronos Tempo. It has its own internal Tempo that is modified by the Tempo Envelope. The main purpose of this is to have arpeggios that speed up and slow down, in a natural human fashion, rather than being locked to a specific tempo. But if the Tempo Envelope is set to a flat line, then essentially it just puts the GE Tempo at a different tempo than the main Sequencer Tempo. By changing the level of the "line", you can modify the GE's tempo separately from the main Tempo.

The problem is, not many GEs are set up this way by default, so it's not like you could just pick any GE and make it work. Of course, if you have the KARMA Kronos Software, you can modify any GE to do this, but I don't think you do.

If you are interested, i can tell you how to do it with one of the straight up/down arpeggios in the Kronos; but if you have a specific GE you are using with a particular pattern, it's 99.9% certain that it does NOT have this parameter assigned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: