Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Crashing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlievv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Crashing Reply with quote

Every time I try to do a sequence the Kronos hard crashes. Completely non responsive. I have the latest OS on the Kronos. I initialized a new song. Hit record. Record a few notes. And then hit stop.

Kronos is dead.

Anyone can offer any advice on this I would much appreciate it.

Thank you
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any other devices connected to the Kronos, disconnect them and try again. Just leave headphones connected.

One possibility is there is a software corruption issue. It might be worth reinstalling the update.

Charlievv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Crashing Reply with quote

I idid the disconnect and same issue. It was operating completely alone. Also, I have continued testing and it seems that it happens consistently when I use the method of Press Enter and Record to take a combi directly into the sequencer. Crashes every time in that approach.

If I go to the sequencer and use the copy from combi command it does not crash.

Also, I did reinstall the OS ... 2x . Did not help.

I am not connected to anything via USB and I had the same issue with both midi cables removed.
Charlievv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Crashing Reply with quote

Update:

Its crashing Constantly. No matter what method of sequencing is used.

I did notice that if I go to seq. mode, and then call a copy from combi command and bring in a combi, that as soon as it starts recording its not the combi. While in standby mode in the sequencer... the combi is present.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this problem is due to a "bad" PCG file or any other file.
Did you try with an other pcg or sng file ????

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Charlievv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Crashing Reply with quote

I think I have success.

I reloaded the OS for the 3rd or 4th time and so far its working.

I will post another update if it fails again, but it appears to be back in order.

Thank you all for your help. Very good forum and decent people.

Thanks again.
Charlievv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Crashing Reply with quote

Turns out that the last time I updated the OS it worked but then again started crashing.. I did remove a couple of .KSC files from Auto Load and so far this seems to have been the problem. I will reload these file fresh and see what happens but I rarely use them anyway, so likely to just leave well enough alone.

Those files were the issue though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: